Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Richard from RKA luggage makes liners for our Multis but tells me he thinks the '16 bags have a different shape than the pre-'15s. I really like his stuff and would like to buy a set from him ($120) vs Ducati ($200).

Anybody know if there's a difference?

Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. I think RKA's liners are pre-'15. I guess I'm paying $198 for the Duc liners unless you know another source???

·
Registered
600 Posts
The Ducati liners are nice quality wise and glad to have them so I can leave the cases on the bike when traveling.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The pre-2015 liners are not that far off. I know because I bought 3rd party liners and one of the pointed sides is about 1" too big so I keep that in mind when packing and I just tuck that section in the hard case. I just refused to pay the premium for the Ducati branded version. Not an exact match but they work quite well and saved me about $140.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 Saddlebag Liners Sideliners with Red Piping

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
Agreed. ^^^

I used some old RKA bag liners from an old Honda with my ST3. The liners were nowhere near the same shape as the Duc's panniers, but they still worked fine, and saved the $$$. I think if the liners are even close, they will work, and are better than no liner at all.

I use those same Besteem bags in the above link in the '12s panniers, and they are well made.

·
Hammer Down
1,654 Posts
I have a 2014 GT and think it's pretty neat how the bag liner for the right is smaller than the bag for the left when fully expanded. Not really helpful to your question but thought it was a neat detail.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts