Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 07 GT1000 was totaled years ago. I had put cast alloy wheels on it, and have had the old stock wheels sitting bagged in the garage ever since. They did less than 1000 miles and were like new. Actually, I've only found the front one, but I know the rear is in some bin in a bag somewhere - the search continues...

Anyway, do these things have any value? I know these steel rims were really heavy, so lots of guys traded them out or had alloy rims laced onto the hubs. But, they are like new. They certainly aren't of any value to me, so I'd love to get rid of them if they are an item that anyone buys. If you guys tell me people want them, I'll list them in the classifieds here.

So, any help?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Someone will want them, for the right price.
Post em up and be ready to wait for a buyer, it may take a while.

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,065 Posts
My 07 GT1000 was totaled years ago. I had put cast alloy wheels on it, and have had the old stock wheels sitting bagged in the garage ever since. They did less than 1000 miles and were like new. Actually, I've only found the front one, but I know the rear is in some bin in a bag somewhere - the search continues...

Anyway, do these things have any value? I know these steel rims were really heavy, so lots of guys traded them out or had alloy rims laced onto the hubs. But, they are like new. They certainly aren't of any value to me, so I'd love to get rid of them if they are an item that anyone buys. If you guys tell me people want them, I'll list them in the classifieds here.

So, any help?

Thanks.
I replaced mine with a nice set of marchesinis.
Started offering the OEM set for $900.
Dropped the price gradually and I finally sold them for $500.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My rear has a ding in it.... so, GT1000 rear wheels are only worth scrap metal prices and I will dispose of it for you!!! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts

So, any help?

Thanks.
[Actually, I would be interested in your front rim. I put a ding in mine, and while it holds air, I would like to replace it. If you like, we can take this off this forum. Sorry if I am messing up this reply, a first time for me.]

·
Registered
2 Posts
MajorSoftie, Actually, I would be interested in your front rim. I put a ding in mine, and while it holds air, I would like to replace it. If you like, we can take this off this forum.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
While they are heavy, they’re a little unique as rims go. I was told once they are sought after by builders of custom XS650’s. Don’t know this for a fact, just saying if you put ‘em on eBay you might be pleasantly surprised.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts