Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
I don't know if that's a word. I have to make a new key so I'm not left with just 1 key so I've ordered a blank off ebay, but I can't remember if these keys require transpoder technology or not.
My 2002 ST-4s definitely is.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Or, if you want to do it the hard way, remove whatever items are required to access the surround for the ignition switch.

If the surround has a wiring connector, then yes, it contains the antenna for the transponder.

·
Super Moderator
5,382 Posts
Do you have a flashing LED light somewhere on the dash that slowly flashes for 48 hours after the ignition is turned off? That's a sure sign you have the immobilizer and a key with an RFID chip.

If you use the user CP you can add your bike details to your signature line. It'll help everyone help you! :wink2:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
02 ST4s.. chipped key & immobilizer.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh sorry, it's a 2002 748s. I thought "imobilizer technology"...you know THE CYBER DIGITAL, would have been added on all models but looks like i'm wrong as some of the touring bikes seem to have it.

Good call on the obvious "flashing light when the bike is off". I think there isn't one on my bike actually now that you mention that obvious give away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts