Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Hard to say. But it's pretty fuddup to be treated like that guy some girl lightly hangs on to while she waits to see if the guy she really wants becomes freed up.

Sign ~Lorentho~ already and allow Jack Miller to pursue an actual contract with a factory that will actually appreciate him. He's not being treated like "Mr. Right" ... or even "Mr. Right Now", instead he's being treated like "Mr. Good Enough For The Moment Until The Better Looking Fella Looks My Way".

Lorenzo doesn't hook up with the Honda, that's clear. So it's a solid probability that he's entertaining offers to get off of the squirrely damned thing.

If I were Miller, I'd be talking to people (covertly) to get an actual contract with a team that will want him as a contracted rider.

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,177 Posts
Re. Are Ducati about to shaft Jack?

Hard to say at the moment as everything at this point is just speculation and rumor. Gotta admit I was surprised when I read the headline this morning. Guess we'll have to wait and see if this story gains any steam Davy.

I can tell you what does suck about all this is that Jack really does look to be on a bit form with his Ducati at the moment.
Seems like a complete waste to me to just chuck him aside for JLo after all the hard work and effort that he's obviously been putting in to get himself up to speed to run with the big boys at the front.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I were Jack I'd be angling for a straight swap with Jorge.
I bet Jack could ride that Honda.
Jack's the only rider this year to have passed MM on track.

·
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I liked the comments from Dovi and MM, they definitely don't want to see JoLo back competitive on a Ducati.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/927054/1/marquez-lorenzo-needs-stay-win-honda

Personally I think Ducati are nuts... one more bad stack for JoLo and I think he will retire from MotoGP, he's brittle and well past his prime and doesn't bounce so well now.

Jack is on the way up and a lot younger.
Jack is willing to change his approach and riding style to suit a bike, JoLo wants to change everything to suit his riding style which hasn't changed to fit the modern bikes and only works on certain flowing circuits.

·
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jennifer Lopez is racing in MOTOGP now? Huh. Who'da thunk it..

Well at the moment she'd go a lot better than Jorge has, at least she'd finish races >:)

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
Why would Ducati take the gamble that is hiring a rider who told then metaphorically to stick their bike and contract up their collective arses then proceed to go to Honda to prove the point that he can’t adapt to an underdeveloped bike yet again. AND to reinforce it by crashing his brains out to the point that I feel it has taken its toll on his body and mind that retirement wouldn’t be out of the question.
Jlo is a fantastic rider but lacks the skills to adapt to adversity. Honda would be better off with Quatararo or Rins. Yamaha would be better of with our Jack and ditch Vin.

·
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Quarto or Rins couldn't manage that Honda, Jack could.
Liked your post otherwise.
Jack would hate that gutless Yam.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Ducati has to be a bit desperate these days. Their only world championship was in 2008 and since then they lost their WSBK winning ways and have improved in MotoGP to be a solid bridesmaid. With Honda/Marquez at helm, Yamaha in the weeds, Suzuki still not up to their level and no one else in the hunt, the time is pretty ripe for their bike to win a championship, but what rider is capable of winning a championship against Marquez? If they don't find a rider who can win soon, how will they win as Suzuki gets stronger and Yamaha finds its way out of the weeds? They are the only factory with a bike competitive to the Honda. It will not be this way for long and it has already been more than a decade since they took the top step in the series. This is why Jorge might make sense to them. Are Dovi or Jack up to becoming the world champion right now? Jorge has proven he can be and in his recent past, has proven he can show Dovi and Marc his rear slick at the finish line

You can imagine the Ducati corporate discussion for the past few years. It is unlikely they are blaming the bike for not capturing a world championship..... Rightfully???

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Ducati has proven more than a couple of times that they are thin on smarts when choosing riders. The latest appears to me Miller. They should have already signed him, with up to the second 2020 machinery from the go, for next season. But, with 20/20 vision to the rear, I'll bet they'll fuck things up somehow.

·
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jorge would be a lot faster if he wasn't carrying such a massive ego around.

·
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ducati has proven more than a couple of times that they are thin on smarts when choosing riders. The latest appears to me Miller. They should have already signed him, with up to the second 2020 machinery from the go, for next season. But, with 20/20 vision to the rear, I'll bet they'll fuck things up somehow.

Jack should get out of there like shit off a shovel, he'll never get a square deal with that retard Ciabatti directing traffic.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Jorge would be a lot faster if he wasn't carrying such a massive ego around.
A fair statement. But, when they finally did what he asked, he ripped off a number of wins. But, by then it was too late. In a 'perfect' world, they would have listened to him earlier, re-signed him, and carried that momentum into this season. What would have happened to DP and JM at Pramac? Not sure. I was hoping Miller would get preference over DP.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Jack should get out of there like shit off a shovel, he'll never get a square deal with that retard Ciabatti directing traffic.
probably right. but, where to go? even if a miracle swap happened, he'd not be allowed to pester MM. I do think he'd be P2 on the current machine and form, though.

·
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Was never a square fight between DP and JM as Jack was on older machinery and he came from the wrong country.

·
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
probably right. but, where to go? even if a miracle swap happened, he'd not be allowed to pester MM. I do think he'd be P2 on the current machine and form, though.

I think Jack would be happy with that especially if he was sticking it up the Ducati maffia.

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
There is no and will not be an answer to MM. Like Rossi in his day he is untouchable. The best any team or rider can expect is runner-up. Jack has taken a LONG time to get to the top 5. Riders that have started their MotoGP career two years ago are getting more top 10 and 5 finishes then Jake so far. For whatever reason. Late bloomer.

·
Super Moderator
26,092 Posts
Honda would be nuts to let Jorge get back on a Ducati. They'd be smarter to keep him right where(ever) he is and not let him get in the way of MM. Isn't that why they really hired him?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts