Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
comrade moderator
27,056 Posts
*edit* Oh hell yes, post it up!

This isn't really a "Bike Of The Month" competition...there are no drawings, no awards, no winners or losers...just cool bikes! Sounds like yours qualifies!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I say post up some pics anyway...maybe it won't be considered for BOM but it's still a classic and I, for one, would enjoy seeing it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 1988 Cagiva Freccia

Thanks to some urging to break the "Ducati only" rule, here's my 1988 Cagiva /Freccia

Since i've never posted pix before, i might screw this up
BUT here it goes:

I first saw this model in 1990 at a rally attended by dan van epps ( i think) of cagiva/ducati in fairfield nj. As i recall, he thought that 3 such bikes had somehow made it to the us...that made them unobtanium to me! Alas, i forgot about it
BUT then
A number of years later i bought the exact same bike (as best i know) from US Bimota importer, Bob Smith who had received it in trade

It is a single 125cc 2-stroke, power valve, oil-injected, water-cooled electric starting forrunner of the Mito...Bob was quick to point out the Paso/907 styling similarities and noted that MotoMorini had a 4 stroke version of this bike in their lineup as Cagiva also owned them at this time...the suggestion was that the Freccia (means "Arrow") was Tamburini's work done between the first generation Paso's and yet to come 907ie

It has 42xx miles on it and handles very nicely, but it hard judge on power as everyone always wants more...On 2-stroke rides with my friends and their RD/RZ mounts, its an old Italian story: "nice handling and braking but needs more ponies"

I don't care as i like it and appreciate anything Italian. Especially if it looks like it came from the Master himself

Bruce Robinson
Scio, OH

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
+1 The Freccia's a cool bike.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Another Cagiva outta the garage!

Nice Freccia. Here's my Cagiva - a '95 Mito for the mix. I never tire of looking at its variation of lines compared to the 916 from the same year, like the gas tank detail and different fairing venting & lines. Like any good designer, Tamburini was - and is - always exploring.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad to see your Mito and read your comments

I really appreciate your Mito! And admire the fact that you are preserving it
More of the Master's work! and beautiful it is, for sure

I have attached some shots of my other Caviga, a 1987 Allazzura, so that another design from Varese will be remembered!

Bruce Robinson

Attachments

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Thanks, it's been a great bike for tight twisties, much more lithe than the 996 or 999's I've owned - which should be obvious since it weighs ±270 pounds!!! I DO think about sullying it with about 70 hp via a CR500 engine transplant, but that would make it a [email protected]#DA... which gives me pause.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Either the Mito or Freccia would be cool with the motor from an NS 400 in it. 72 hp V-3.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, these Mito's are awesome little machine. Last year I could hardly believe my eyes when I was on a business trip in Singapore.

I turned a corner and there it was behind glass

A completely new old stock Cagiva Mito in a very small motorcycle shop in Singapore. I saw it there last year and it was perfect NOS. The price at the time was $9000.00 US and I could not figure out how to get it to the states so I passed. I'm sure it is still there and it is close to Business district 7 in Sing just incase anyone has any extra cash lying around.

Well I took some cheap pictures and left the country. Probably be the last time I ever see a 0 Km Mito.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts