Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a long shot financially for me, but I've wanted a 907ie ever since I saw 1 at Ghost Motorcycles in Port Washington, New York. That was back in 1993 while visiting my college girlfriend. There is 1 very reasonably priced in my area. Are parts available for these bikes from Ducati? If I lay the thing down, can I buy plastic?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Some stuff that is unique to just the Paso is very difficult to find, plastic especially. That being said, it's not impossible but might take a while. Just don't waste your time at the dealer trying to order the special stuff from Ducati. If you're mechanically inclined they aren't hard to work on. Some dealers may shy away from it since most of their tech were still in diapers when it was built.

A lot of the mechanical and electrical components are shared with the SS line and some Guzzi parts as well. The 907 was the best of the bunch, they solved a lot of the issues with the 750 and 906's, then stopped production. Go figure.

If it's in nice shape and well taken care of there's no reason not to spring for it. Definitely unique in the Ducati lineup, I get more comments from guys wishing they'd never sold theirs. There's a site dedicated to them www.ducatipaso.org Post pics if you squeeze the trigger. Paso guys stick to together.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It's a long shot financially for me, but I've wanted a 907ie ever since I saw 1 at Ghost Motorcycles in Port Washington, New York. That was back in 1993 while visiting my college girlfriend. There is 1 very reasonably priced in my area. Are parts available for these bikes from Ducati? If I lay the thing down, can I buy plastic?
Thanks for your help.
Great memories ....I live local to Ghost, a v longtime Duc dealer, consistently kicked tires there as a young fella in the 70's.
He had some very special machines there.... a '36 BMW twin in the window, a teens era HD with a wicker sidecar, Ducs were routine, remember well the Paso era, he had many in stock...huh? Blue and white Ducati's? Old singles all over the place. Near '86 he had a 750F1 Montjuich and Santamonica. I was actually near signing for the Montjuich....near $5000 OTD as I remember? Lotta loot for '86. Dumbass I opted to buy a Ninja 900. I kick myself in the ass for that mistake. I did finally buy my '95 900SS/SP brand new from Sal.

I have their business card from back in the day...I'll have to scan it...their storefront filled with Ducs.

Great memories of Sal, Sonny, Griffin, Pete, et al.

Sal (in his 90's now) was still around as of a couple years ago, saw both him and Sonny at the old building (bikes still inside!)

sorry for the hijack....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts