Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A seat from a fuel injected 900ss has come up for sale. Can anyone tell me whether these are interchangeable with a carby ss?

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
they are not, the rear-end of both frames is different, unlike the
front, where the tanks should swap with ease.

cheers.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I can tell you that they are not. Others will also tell you the same. The 1991 - 1998 all fit the same. The 1999 and newer bikes are just different. I have a stock seat for a carby off a 1995 model without the cowl. PM me if you need one.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I have a carbie Sargent for sale $225 in perfect condition.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the offers guys. Unfortunately, I suspect that the price to send a seat to kiwiland will be prohibitively expensive. :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought a seat taken off a 1996 900SS, and it does not fit my 1994 900SS (even after changing the rear catch).

·
Registered
692 Posts
900ss Saddles...

91-93's are interchangeable. 94-98's are interchangeable. FI will certainly not fit a carby! I know cybermunster is selling a 93 in Mint condition! ask him if he still has it!

Good luck!

Vickon:abduct:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Thanks for the offers guys. Unfortunately, I suspect that the price to send a seat to kiwiland will be prohibitively expensive. :(
what part of aux are you in?? i have my old seat of my 95 if your interested??

as for the interchangability, i had both seats with the catch and the other with the latch, with both ends they DO interchange, you guys must have not had them lined up properly??? mine bolted on....

·
Registered
143 Posts
i had both seats with the catch and the other with the latch, with both ends they DO interchange, you guys must have not had them lined up properly??? mine bolted on....
Its nothing to do with the catch or lining it up. The back ends of the seat pad are a different shape between the 91-93 and the 94-98 ones. The later ones are slightly longer. I have both types and have compared them next to each other.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Its nothing to do with the catch or lining it up. The back ends of the seat pad are a different shape between the 91-93 and the 94-98 ones. The later ones are slightly longer. I have both types and have compared them next to each other.
i have both, one with the pin latch and the other with the catch style, i swapped the pin latch for the later catch and mine fitted nicely. same bolt configuration on both of my seats and they are physically the same size.
not sure if you guys up there have different models to what we have??

·
Registered
205 Posts
Good info!

I am in need of either a seat or to recover mine. There are 2 on ebay now. I will make sure about the year if I buy one.

The previous owner said that someone had put a cigarette out on the seat which is how it got a hole in it. :mad:

I am still waiting on the MBP collets so I can do the valve adj on my 96 900. :think: So I have some time to decide what I want to do.

·
Registered
256 Posts
+1

I have a '95 900SS and the first seat I got was for a pre-'94 model. It would not fit on my '95 no matter what I did.

Then I got a '95-up version and it fits fine. There is a code on bottom of the seat that differentiates the two versions.

d.

·
Registered
836 Posts
thats really strange, i know my seat i got was from a white framed 92 900ss as i saw the bike i got it off, and my original one is off my 95 900ss.

so is there a frame difference from 91 to 94 as there is from the 95+ models???
i was not running the tool tray and underseat plastics on mine, is that where your guys are hitting and having issues maybe?? more plastic to get in the way???
cause both of mine swapped over nicely with no problems. if i had the other seat i would take pics of both for everyone to see my point.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts