Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Arai Corsair (about 8 years ago) and wore sunglasses with a clear shield for those days that I knew I was riding past sundown so I could take the glasses off and just run a clear shield at night. On day rides it was tinted shield.

I just purchased a Arai RXQ and noticed I could not even fit the glasses into the helmet. Did something change on the Arai line so that I cannot run glasses ?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have had several Arai's and my RXQ is fine with glasses. Just tried it when I read your post.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So do I either wear my helmet tight, or there used to be a gap between the cheek pads and upper pads where the sun glass frame would fit that I not there

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a Arai Corsair (about 8 years ago) and wore sunglasses with a clear shield for those days that I knew I was riding past sundown so I could take the glasses off and just run a clear shield at night. On day rides it was tinted shield.

I just purchased a Arai RXQ and noticed I could not even fit the glasses into the helmet. Did something change on the Arai line so that I cannot run glasses ?
I don't use that helmet but I do use some biker glasses (both sun and clear) that have very thin, straight ear stalks (the things that go over your ears). They slide right in between your face and helmet padding fairly easily. The pictures show a strap, but that strap snaps right off. The orange mirror and blue mirror look very cool and vision is great. The clear...well...are clear...lol. Best off, they're cheap but really great quality. Rally HIG-SERIES

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Ok, here is my 2 pennies. It depends on the glasses, I've been using quicksilver hustler wrap arounds for years on my aria and hjc helmets no problems. Then I bought oakley gas can wrap arounds and they don't fit the same, they feel tight against the pads and are forced down towards my nose. I went back the quicksilvers on my new arai rxq helmet and havnt had any issues with comfort or sliding. So I think it comes down to helmet+head shape+ glasses will make a difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts