Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last 3 helmets have been Arais. I currently wear an RX-7RR. I am currently looking at an AGV GP-Tech and was wondering what people who own this helmet think of the build quality, fit and finish, etc. Better yet, if these people have also owned an Arai, if they wouldn't mind sharing their thoughts on the two brands. I realize fitment is dependent on your head shape. Arais are more notably more expensive. Does the saying "you get what you pay for" apply here? Thanks.

·
Registered
681 Posts
My last 3 helmets have been Arais. I currently wear an RX-7RR. I am currently looking at an AGV GP-Tech and was wondering what people who own this helmet think of the build quality, fit and finish, etc. Better yet, if these people have also owned an Arai, if they wouldn't mind sharing their thoughts on the two brands. I realize fitment is dependent on your head shape. Arais are more notably more expensive. Does the saying "you get what you pay for" apply here? Thanks.

I owned a GP tech. The fit and finish is awesome, the helmet liner is really cool looking and pretty comfortable. Its a large helmet though, and may look strange on your noggin.

However after living with the helmet for a while, I went back to an X-11. My biggest problem with it is the viewing area....the "ceiling" of the viewing area sits right on top of your eyebrows...which significantly reduces your view when in a tuck and the viewing area overall feels smaller than any Arai or Shoei that ive ever worn, it feels claustrophobic IMO.

·
9,757 Posts
I own both an Arai and an AGV.

My AGV is the (then) top of the line ti-tech in Rossi's gothic yellow theme.

Finish is similar in both the arai and the AGV (top notch). Both have excellent paint and feature excellent materials displaying a high level of craftsmanship.

As far as fit goes, the Arai is in a higher category. Where the AGV's multiple EPS liners meet the helmet creeks and squeaks. And generally speaking the tolerances between parts on the AGV seem looser than on the Arai. The arai just feels a little more solidly made (no doubt because there is a single EPS in there owing to Arai's proprietary multiple density/single EPS construction technique).

Make sure you try the gptech on. If it fits anything like the ti-tech it is uncomfortably round (as opposed to the relaxed round-oval fit on the RX7).

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have an older Arai RX7 Hayden Wired. Bought a new GP Tech Dreamtime.

No comparison for me, the GP Tech is the better helmet. However, its also several years newer. The fit and finish is amazing, the liner is awesome. It fits me racer tight, incredibly snug, yet still perfectly comfortable. I have heard others complain about the "low brow" effect, in fact on my first ride I almost got rid of it. Then I noticed that Rossi's cheek pads are almost level with his eyes in most pictures, essentially the helmet just sits on my head differently and I simply kept the chin up while putting it on. Fit actually improved considerably, even from my initial good impressions, and no more vision problem.

I have not seen the new Arai though, but I likely would have gone with an OGK if the GP Tech did not fit.

·
Registered
311 Posts
AGV GP-Tech, 5-continents....

awesome helmet, fit/finish is outstanding. tight, but really, really comfortable. most comfortable helmet i've ever worn, including more "street"-orientated helmets.

I tried on the Ti-Tech, and that helmet made me run away screaming....but everyone has a different head

·
Registered
34 Posts
My primary helmet is an Arai RX-7 RR4 and I tried to switch to an AGV GP-Tech but for some reason I never felt as comfortable in it as the Arai. It didn't seem to match my head shape as well. I don't know if that's because my Arai was broken in more or what. However, the GP Tech is very well made and if it's comfortable, go for it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I am trying to breath life back into it. I am leaning towards the AGV.... I have always had Shoei and loved them but am looking to try something new. I have been debating between the x11, rx7 and ti-tech or the x12, corsair v or gp-tech.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i wear a size med corsair v, but i tried to put on med gp tech, and it wouldnt fit past my temples. do they run that much smaller to where i need to bump myself up to a large?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have owned and crashed on both AGV's and ARAI's... Both fit me a little snug in the cheeks but I prefer the Ti-Tech over the Rx-7..as the arai had a wicked head shake over 90 and the agv zero. Plus the only helemt to ever crack on me was an arai..(older model).

Now for car racing I love my Suomy. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts