Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dovi was furious that he towed Petrucci around the track on both of his Q1 fast laps pushing Petrucci to the top and that eliminated himself from Q2. Bummer!

Quatermaharo is on pole again. If Dovi doesn’t launch like a rocket to get in the top five by turn one I think Quatermaharo will take the championship this year. I really don’t think there’s anybody else besides Dovi who can beat him. Then again there are still five races left and one DNF could reverse the fortunes for anybody near the top.

Fabio quaertermaraho will definitely try to run away off the start and if nobody keeps up to slow him down he will win. Here’s hoping Ducati gives jack ass orders to slow down the very front for Dovi

·
Premium Member
1997 748 Mono
78 Posts
Bad luck for Dovi that Jacks fast lap in FP3 was eliminated so late and he couldn’t post another. He should have been in Q2 and both factory Ducati could have gone through from Q1.

jack will mix it up off the start as he always does and maybe he slows the pace down a bit so Dovi can pick up some spots early.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
AD has been nowhere near his championship opponents all weekend. Him not getting a draft from DP would have done not much of anything for him in the grand scheme of things. AD needs to be qualifying as the top Ducati on merit not the odd tow. More importantly, he needs to be finishing races ahead of said opponents. That is something he's doing less and less of lately. The reasons don't matter now. He needs to screw his head on straight and get on with it.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,715 Posts
Dovi needs to be besting the satellite Ducati's every session.

Reactions: Rainman

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,472 Posts
Are you kidding me?? Who the hell predicted this? It's freaking nuts this year.

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
And Mir leads the championship!
Dovi is 15 points behind, with Quartararo finishing out of the points....

What an amazing season, 8 different winners, good on ya Rins!
and they're back there in a week so you can bet it will be a lot tighter second go round........

·
Registered
933 Posts
For what my opinion's worth I think MM being out of this season was a good thing. Way more interesting season than watching a one man show.

So much that I think there should be a limit of years you can trone 1st with the same team. After x years of winning it all, go win somewhere else, and prove you're the best. I would be very curious to see MM with ktm or why not ducati, to see if he would be better than rossi or JLO.

·
Registered
919 Posts
For what my opinion's worth I think MM being out of this season was a good thing. Way more interesting season than watching a one man show.

So much that I think there should be a limit of years you can trone 1st with the same team. After x years of winning it all, go win somewhere else, and prove you're the best. I would be very curious to see MM with ktm or why not ducati, to see if he would be better than rossi or JLO.
Apparently the biggest reason this season is so unpredictable and there are so many different winners and podium getters is the odd times the races are run in comparison to other years and their schedules. The teams data re temperature and the new construction of the Tyres has thrown everybody into a spin, which has caused a lot of crashes with various consequences. MM out is a good thing (not for MM, granted) but for the rest of the field it's an opportunity to succeed.

I wonder just how dominant he would have been this year anyway, sure, he would have been up the front, he's the most consistent rider in the field, but given his famous front end saves and the fact he mentioned at the start of the year he was going to struggle with Michelins new tyre, with the different dates and temperatures i reckon he would have been just as inconsistent as everyone else give or take. I'd go as far to say that it definitely wouldn't have been the lay down misere that it has been for him.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
I somewhat agree that MM might have suffered from the tires and cooler temperatures and that perhaps he wouldn’t have dominated this year but that unfortunately is a moot point. I understand how people are all excited that there are different winners, etc, however there might have been anyway and the shame for me is that we’ll never know and say what you like they haven’t beaten the best.
is this year more exciting, I don’t know, but it’s more unpredictable, and I like that, as well as one manufacturer just doesn’t disappear and leave the rest to battle for second. On race day anyone can win and that’s the part that makes it better, too bad Ducati can’t take better advantage championship wise.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Dorna should pay MM to retire.
Maybe they should have done the same when Rossi was always winning.
I think the field would have been this close even if he was racing given the strengths and weaknesses of the bikes and teams, otherwise we would have seen someone or some bike rise to the top...but oh wait, little AM seems to have figured out the Honda...oh shit lol.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I somewhat agree that MM might have suffered from the tires and cooler temperatures and that perhaps he wouldn’t have dominated this year but that unfortunately is a moot point. I understand how people are all excited that there are different winners, etc, however there might have been anyway and the shame for me is that we’ll never know and say what you like they haven’t beaten the best.
is this year more exciting, I don’t know, but it’s more unpredictable, and I like that, as well as one manufacturer just doesn’t disappear and leave the rest to battle for second. On race day anyone can win and that’s the part that makes it better, too bad Ducati can’t take better advantage championship wise.

Of course it's more exciting, there is anticipation of what will happen instead of the same shit every week, with MM on that repsol honda riding into everyone during practice and then clearing off during the race it was like watching the same episode of Gilligans Island 16 times a year.....

And say what you like about the competition, they can only race whoever is in the field, it would be a travesty to discount the eventual world champions achievement because MM isn't there, it's been the most difficult season ever for so many other reasons.....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts