Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Apparent recall for fuel leakage on some 1098, 1198 and streetfighters.

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  zvez 
#1 ·
#4 ·
This is nothing to do with the fuel tank! All your dealer has to do is check the manufacture dates on the fuel lines - these are stamped on the fuel lines.My dealer new about this a month ago when i picked my bike up and was advised they had been checked and were fine.They should also check that the front brake banjo's are fitted the correct way round at the wheel end of the beake lines.I guess some dealers are better informed than others!

#5 ·
Problem: Ducati is recalling 1,549 model year 2009 1198, 1198 S, 1098 R, 848 and model year 2010 F1098 Streetfighter and Streetfighter S motorcycles. These motorcycles may experience fuel leakage from the fuel line at the fuel injector connection. The plastic fitting between fuel injector and hose can warp or break which could possibly result in a potential hazard to the rider and possible damage to the motorcycle. Any damage to the fuel line may lead to an increased risk of fire or an unexpected loss of engine performance, the thereby increase the risk of a crash.

Corrective Action: Dealers will replace the affected injector components free of charge. The recall is expected to begin during June 2009. To locate your nearest authorized Ducati dealer, you may go to www.ducatiusa.com and select the “dealer locator” or you may call toll free at 800-231-6696.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.