Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently running a set of woodcraft clipons on a 96 ss/cr with reduction of steering lock due to bolts hitting top tube of frame. Was fine for the track but converting back to a street bike and would like more maneuverability.

Can anyone comment on the apex risers and limits in turning radius? Looks like they are one piece with the fasteners plenty inboard but concerned about the riser attachment and frame interference.

Thanks and hope that all made some sense....

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
I am going to get the Apex risers for my SS when I start reassembling it. Though you will still have obstacles in your way when you adjust them they are adjustable on every axis so you can optimize the spot you have your bars adjusted to better than anything else I’ve seen . To get the most out of them you would probably have to change out your masters for some that won’t hit, and I’ve seen a couple of people had trimmed the outer edges of the windshield and fairing for clearance. If it’s done right it’s barely noticeable.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
Ive got an sp front end and remote reservoirs which should give me some more adjustability.
Anyone have a set fit already?

·
Premium Member
5,446 Posts
Do the woodcraft bars have rise or are they standard no rise?

If they do not have any rise then simply reverse the mounts and there should be no interference. If they are the riser kits you can not do it, design flaw on otherwise great product.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2.5 rise. I tried swapping sides with sub-optimal results.

00 ST2, 96 SS
73 R75/5, 64 /2 conversion

·
Premium Member
5,446 Posts
Yes unfortunately with any rise the clip-ons cannot be flipped and that means the split of the clamp is pointed like a wedge into the frame. Your steering stops should be able to be adjusted to prevent it from touching but you lose steering lock and in a crash the clamp may indeed hit the tube. Bummer. Outside of this flaw they are great clamps but with it not so much.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup. May go back to stock clamps for road duty.

00 ST2, 96 SS
73 R75/5, 64 /2 conversion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts