Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to hear what spacers were necessary to clear the swing arm when mounting Woodcraft rearsets. My Woodcraft rearsets came with 4 thin spacers and 2 thicker spacers plus two longer bolts which are meant to be used on the right side. I had to use 1 thick spacer stacked with a thin to make the right side clear. I tried using the remaining 2 thin spacers on the shifter side rearset and it doesn't look like it will clear the swingarm. Anyone dealt with this? Help appreciated..

·
301 Posts
Hi fastdiablo,

I have them on my smartie. I used 3/8 inch ( 9mm), on both sides.

Cheers
SM

·
Registered
285 Posts
Woodcraft Rearsets

I've installed a set. I did have to use the thicker spacers included in the package and additionally I had to have Woodcraft send me longer bolts for the left side and add two additional spacers. They did this free of charge. I recommend talking to someone at WOODCRAFT prior to ordering and tell them you know the left side will NOT clear the swing arm and the right side will take out the brake line without the additional spacers.

I sent them pictures and they are now aware of the issue. I guess many folks took it upon themselves to fix it with washers/spacers etc. If I bought them, they must make it right or they will get them back!

I bought the folding levers on eccentrics and am very pleased. There are very stout and well made in the USA. Not Chinese crap. The Satos or sweet as well but maybe not heavy enough to deal with track use. I believe in function over form when it comes to racing, on the street thats up for debate.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Maxwell. Can you just run down the exact spacer setup on each side for me? Right now I have a thick and a thin on the right side with the longer bolt. Will this work without hurting the brake line?

Do I have to do exactly the same setup on the left side?

Thanks much!

PS. Also, I emailed Woodcraft. I hope they resolve this smoothly -I've heard they have good customer service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts