Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would appreciate any info from people using the Discacciati rear brake on the 749 or 999 (including you, Moto). All info on fit and function would be helpfull. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I'm using the DISCACCIATI Rear Brake Kit: 749-999 on the 999R project bike.

The kit is very complete including braket, hardware and brake line. The small billet 4 piston caliper is very high quality as well as the under swingarm mounting bracket.

The brakes work very well, look a little better sitting below the swingarm and are couple lbs lighter. The smaller diameter rotor is quite a bit lighter and reduces the MOI.

A little on the pricey side--but it is still a fraction the cost of the Brembo SBK version.

We also have the 1098 version on our other project bike:

-M

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Moto

It looks like the speedo sender is hanging under the caliper bracket rather than in the hole of the bracket. This appears to be the case on the factory and the aftermarket swingarm. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Thanks Moto

It looks like the speedo sender is hanging under the caliper bracket rather than in the hole of the bracket. This appears to be the case on the factory and the aftermarket swingarm. Any thoughts?
The one on our bike was a pre-production bracket originally designed for the 03-04 749-999 with cast swingarm. We modified it to fit the two bikes pictured. They now have a different bracket for the braced swingarm bikes. See bracket below (the bracket is actually pictured upside down)

·
MR. Twill
325 Posts
try to make somehting unique for yourself;)

buy a little light mini rear caliper and a more reasonable rear disc and possibly that hanger and fab your own set up, very rewarding

i was about less then $400 total into this set up all new parts

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Martin, thats what I needed to hear.

I have said it on other forums, and I will restate it now. Your envolvement with the boards, and actually using, and then writing about, the stuff that you sell, is a huge asset to us all.

Now, go get started on a Street Fighter project!!

Ride safe

Tim

·
Registered
300 Posts
dragging this up from way back, i know, but here's a question:

I've gotten a Discacciati rear brake master... fits up in bracket fine for the sbk... but it comes with a threaded plunger tube built in. That would be no big deal, but its not long enough - when i put the clevis u-bracket on it to connect to the pedal, it essentially won't reach.

thoughts on how to fix this besides get custom bracket made?

I am not aware of any longer clevis u-brackets, but perhaps somebody will know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts