Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am deciding on whether to install clip-ons or Cafe/M handlebars on my GT1000. What do you guys have and you like it better than the stock medium rise handlebars?

Got pics post them, we all love pics:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just went through that same process... When I bought the bike it had M Bars mounted but I never liked the look. I switched to Sport clipons and I will never go back.

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Magnus your bike looks mint... How did you do the seat cowl? Do you have any side pictures?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The seat cowl is a rattle can job I spent way too much time on, but I had one cowl laying around and didnt wanna pay for a brand new one... came out pretty good actually i think.

Here are a few more pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is that just a cowl over the stock seat or an entire seat assembly off a sport

Thanks

Jeff
Its the entire assembly, I added a pad with matching stitches for the space between seat and GT tank. I am not 100% of that pad and I was contemplating building a totally new seat but my plan is to buy a Sport tank in different colour so I can switch the look easily.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks HluboDuc,

Which do you like the best?

Magnus,

Home much space is there between the Sport Seat and the GT tanks?
Does the Sport Seat lock in to the frame without and modification?

Can you post a picture of the tank where the seat comes together?

Awesome guys great posts here:D:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Magnus,

Home much space is there between the Sport Seat and the GT tanks?
Does the Sport Seat lock in to the frame without and modification?

Can you post a picture of the tank where the seat comes together?
:D:D
There is a big gap, I will post a pic of it tmrw, but it fits with no modifications. you might need a spacer under the seat for it to click on properly though.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Magnus, your getting me crazy:D I want that seat. The GT should have had cowl option as well. So sweet... Great pictures..

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Nimi, that is my dream GT. I especially love the pipe and those hangers. Other than the tank and the front fender bracket, that might as well be a sport.

I saw the you put the seat on but is that the same seat that fits on the mono? Did you have to trim the front where it meets the tank?

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
swan neck

I'm thinking about clip-ons for my GT too......do they clear the tank.. should I get a swan neck set??? isn't there a set of raised clip ons for the sport wouldn't they be the the easiest fit? I like the stock GT1000 bars but would like a little sportier... I love my Supersport too but would like to keep the GT a little more standard?? advice? suggestions?

09 Ducati GT1000 Black and Gold; 14/41 with Ohlins F&R, Termis & Rizoma bling
95 Ducati SS 900 CR Red; 15/41 my new project…
81 Yamaha SR 500 total cafe project bike

·
Registered
737 Posts
Got a set that's about to hit the classifieds if anyone's looking some to try ;)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Thanks! You are right, I view it as an improved Sport. I did it ass backwards, starting with a GT, but here we are.

The seat is a GT pan, fused to a mono cowl with custom upholstery. Probably easier ways to do it, but "easier" is an overrated word when it comes to this bike...

Stainetunes and custom hangers (Chris Spohn) who also custom-fit the Swatt rear-sets.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks! You are right, I view it as an improved Sport. I did it ass backwards, starting with a GT, but here we are.
Yeah I think thats exactly where I am heading, I am trying to justify my bad GT decision with the fact that since basically everything gonna be replaced exhausts, wheels, suspension etc, I might just as well start with the GT since it was the cheapest "base" to start from...

Btw absolute brilliant looking bike there Nimi.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts