Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

I never really disliked the stock bar, but I wanted to try something possibly more comfortable. So I purchased and have been using the Rizoma MA008 (20mm higher that stock) and it is surprisingly comfortable. I've been riding around the Sierra's for two weeks now, multiple 150 mile days (twisty areas included in this), and the MA008 really does give you all day comfort. I'm 6'1 and my spine can stay straight with this bar, even flex backward when I want to stretch, so there is no back curving just to ride the bike.

All said, I've realized I want to go back to something sportier. I see (I think I see) that the Rizoma MA005 directly replaces the stock bar (same rise, 30mm), with a little more/different bend at the wrists coming back toward the rider.

But what I'm really wondering about is if anyone has tried the MA010. Its rise is 15mm LOWER than stock, and a little LESS bend at the wrist. Also, did you have any problems running the cables.

Anyone know about the MA010?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey Greg, my name is Gregg.

I saw on one spec sheet, I think on the Rizoma website, that the center length was 110mm, instead of 140mm like on the 005 and 008. Do you know if that still works for the sf clamp? I don't have the bike here to measure it.

Also I thought about cutting the ends about 10mm each, but probably won't. Did you have any thoughts of that?

Just orderred from Motovation.

Cheers

·
Registered
623 Posts
yes it should fit.. I am in the process of installing a brutale(like) bar by tomaselli/domino.. exact measurements are actually 92mm center and I can tell you it fits. I just have to drill the holes for the switched and mount it

I saw on one spec sheet, I think on the Rizoma website, that the center length was 110mm, instead of 140mm like on the 005 and 008. Do you know if that still works for the sf clamp? I don't have the bike here to measure it.

Also I thought about cutting the ends about 10mm each, but probably won't. Did you have any thoughts of that?

Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you get/install it your bars yet?

I didnt yet, Im going for service next week, new full exhaust, 14t Sprocket and the bars, I havent even seen the bars yet. Going to give them a good look before I install them. Dealer has the bars i havent even seen them yet.

However Im loving LaRossas Clip-ons!

The stock bars are killing my left hand/wrist.

God I love this bike but I know myself and I feel I should have bought the
StreetfighterS (such a ass when will I learn)

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you get/install it your bars yet?
Received the MA010's, but not installed yet. Work and vacation have me out of town for 3 more weeks. I dont like being away from the bike, lol. I already have an apointment to get them put on the first day I get back.

I'll make a video, because I have a few other unique mods and I told another member I would post pics of my blacked out shift tech exhaust. I also have the all black sato racing pegs, gloss back rear spring (still the ohlins, but one spring softer), all gloss black ride height adjuster, both sitting over the short shift tech cf rear hugger. It looks soo sic.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
For the guys that are not aware of this, Speedymoto makes a set of clip ons with 4.5" rise that can be adjusted at the rider's personal riding style just by sliding them up or down the fork tubes, also, the clip ons bars have the elliptical rotation so different degree can be achieved.
I was going for those when I came across the 2.5" clamps (starter kit) in the classified section.

Tall Boys: SpeedyMoto Ducati

·
Registered
623 Posts
For the guys that are not aware of this, Speedymoto makes a set of clip ons with 4.5" rise that can be adjusted at the rider's personal riding style just by sliding them up or down the fork tubes, also, the clip ons bars have the elliptical rotation so different degree can be achieved.
I was going for those when I came across the 2.5" clamps (starter kit) in the classified section.

Tall Boys: SpeedyMoto Ducati
I will take a beer bet that this will not fit - given the very little clearance we have between our SF tank and fork/triple..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gesus those are some sweet upgrades man! Cant wait to see pics! .
I just picked up my bars not installed yet. I like the rise and sweep looks almost identical to stock,

However I am afraid of the controls hitting the tank now doesnt really look like it will but im tired and didnt want to keep eyeballing it up..

Received the MA010's, but not installed yet. Work and vacation have me out of town for 3 more weeks. I dont like being away from the bike, lol. I already have an apointment to get them put on the first day I get back.

I'll make a video, because I have a few other unique mods and I told another member I would post pics of my blacked out shift tech exhaust. I also have the all black sato racing pegs, gloss back rear spring (still the ohlins, but one spring softer), all gloss black ride height adjuster, both sitting over the short shift tech cf rear hugger. It looks soo sic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So I did my full exhaust and front sprocket, and bars.
The bike is a beast! but i hate the damn bars! I did too much at once,
even though i would get a weird left hand/wrist cramp/pain with the stock bars I was super comfortable riding the bike.

NOW with the power difference which i love but the bars effed all that up!

I cant get a comfortable position on the bars.

I shoulda held off on the bars, just did the other mods then got comfy riding again the fcuked with the bars, UGGH!! hate this!

Why cant Ducati just put black bars on these damn bikes! haha.

Really though Im about to go back to stock for now, and enjoy the bike then keep stressing and playing with the bars ..

So unsure wasted so much time with the new bars too .stupid set pins and drilling holes.

nice weekend ahead , really debating on throwing on the old bars now..

so unsure.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I did my full exhaust and front sprocket, and bars.... The bike is a beast!...

I cant get a comfortable position on the bars...
Try rolling the bars, whichever direction you need, in the clamp. There is quite a bit of adjustment, and this will alter the down or up wrist angle, which also adjusts the pull back angle. Maybe this will make it more comfortable. When I did this to my stock bars and it made them MUCH more comfortable. (Now I really like the Rizoma MA010) You may have to roll your rontrols too.)

There is a video with the MA010b bar with a short write up on them, just search "video of my mods...

And congrats on the other mods, sounds awesome!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah I played with them a bunch Im gonna roll them back some more now then head to the gym see how it feels then decide. Whether I just wanna throw the stock ones on for now and enjoy the new power then when im comfy start messing with the bars again..

I really just wanna enjoy the power now runs so good now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
didnt mess with it just rode it took it out all day yesterday and rode home this morning.
damn i love this bike, bars are still not 100% comfy but im gonna turn them some more... I just have to watch the rides and clutch line and brake line they are on the stanchions.

also my throttle was slowly returning back after riding for 20 min.
when bike is cold it was fine.
gotta see what up with that too..

But damn this bike is amazing, it really woke up with the full exhaust and sprocket...

Rides so much smoother, and so much power its ready to go at any moment .
I just love it!

world of a difference the sprocket made.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Did the stealth sf848's come with the silver bar too?........I can't remember now :think:

I like the bend of the stock bar, but hate the finish.....it's the wrong color and it's textured, presumably to hold on to bug guts better?

If I didn't already have the Oberon bar-end signals all wired through there I'd be looking for a black bar right now, but I'll probably wait till this winter to do it.

I can't agree more about the pipe and sprocket taking this bike where it needs to be, the combination of shit fueling and too-tall gearing as delivered saps a good part of the joy out of a really fun and capable machine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
YUP! Silver Bars! LOL

Well I didnt touch the bars just rode the hell out of it and it good now, I may just turn them back slightly.

Its funny I had the sprocket for my monster but never did the upgrade, then I started seeing tons of post on sprocket changes, so when I did exhaust i threw the sprocket on.
Completely different bike, CRAZY part is my girl even says she feels a difference that the bike just runs and rides smoother . and shes just a passenger.

I was already smilling when i got this bike and never really talked about how much i liked it, but now that i did these mods i cant stop talking about it!
Its just amazing.

Did the stealth sf848's come with the silver bar too?........I can't remember now :think:

I like the bend of the stock bar, but hate the finish.....it's the wrong color and it's textured, presumably to hold on to bug guts better?

If I didn't already have the Oberon bar-end signals all wired through there I'd be looking for a black bar right now, but I'll probably wait till this winter to do it.

I can't agree more about the pipe and sprocket taking this bike where it needs to be, the combination of shit fueling and too-tall gearing as delivered saps a good part of the joy out of a really fun and capable machine.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi All.

I never really disliked the stock bar, but I wanted to try something possibly more comfortable. So I purchased and have been using the Rizoma MA008 (20mm higher that stock) and it is surprisingly comfortable. I've been riding around the Sierra's for two weeks now, multiple 150 mile days (twisty areas included in this), and the MA008 really does give you all day comfort. I'm 6'1 and my spine can stay straight with this bar, even flex backward when I want to stretch, so there is no back curving just to ride the bike.

All said, I've realized I want to go back to something sportier. I see (I think I see) that the Rizoma MA005 directly replaces the stock bar (same rise, 30mm), with a little more/different bend at the wrists coming back toward the rider.

But what I'm really wondering about is if anyone has tried the MA010. Its rise is 15mm LOWER than stock, and a little LESS bend at the wrist. Also, did you have any problems running the cables.

Anyone know about the MA010?

Thanks
Nice to hear the MA008 worked for you. I also ordered them last week. I want a little more comfort than stock so I think these will work for me. I ordered a black one.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just installed the MA010 and went for a short ride. They didn't feel much different than the stock bars to me, still fairly comfortable, but there's definitely a difference in handling. Much better.

I also installed the Rizoma sport grips and Spy-Q Mirrors. They look nice but I can't see shit out of the mirrors. I'll have to do some adjusting. I don't remember the view behind me being so bad with the CRG bar end mirrors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
MA010, is it less bended than the OE? I think I need just a little bit of more height and a little bit leaning front less; can't decide, should it be, 008 or 010.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MA010, is it less bended than the OE? I think I need just a little bit of more height and a little bit leaning front less; can't decide, should it be, 008 or 010.
In this case you want the 008. The 010 is low and flat, but DOES have a more comfortable bend than the stock bar. But from what you say here, you definitely want the 008. It is higher and reaches back farther than the 010 or stock.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts