Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping this would make it more rideable at lower speeds...

I know there is no easy fix.. Fatduc.. Microtechnology .. Reflash, tune boy.. Get it... I only want feedback on throttle tamer with SF.. Thanks

·
Bon Vivant
11,567 Posts
I'm assuming you mean a different profile cam for the cables that pulls less near idle and more at the top. Several members here a few years back installed these on their bikes.
One of the guys came to Colorado with his bike and I got a chance to ride it. In a nutshell I hated it. The bike seemed lethargic while mine was eager.
Maybe at sea level it's a different story? Is the bike too responsive for you off idle?

You really need to buck-up and do the right thing instead of trying to mask the problem. You knew before you bought the SF that they all need to be tuned. - go get it tuned right.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I installed a different, nonlinear throttle tube in my 848 throttle which "pulls less near idle and more at the top" as flynbulldog describes. My take is that it made throttle smoother on low speed tight turns on crappy, sandy, wet roads - which we have no shortage of in S FL. Different strokes/different folks, I think that flyn is very well grounded in his suggestion to get the 1098 tuned properly. My 848 doesn't seem to have the low rpm tune issues that seem to be endemic to the 1098s. Compensating for a crappy tune with a nonlinear throttle is not a good idea, IMO.

-Mike

PS: I am using and happy with Moto's suggestion immediately above.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I added a EVOLUZIONE Throttle Controller: 749/999/1098/848/SF after I re-mapped. I like the smooth throttle control.
I also installed one of these. It's less touchy pulling away from a stop because I have finer control of the throttle exactly where it's necessary. Considering the tall gearing and the high compression ratio these bikes have, stalling the engine will effectively lock the rear wheel up instantly and may cause a fall. Installing this and a 14T countershaft sprocket has helped enormously, especially in stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
702 Posts
interesting... i'm using an R1 throttle tube, gives me a little less than 10% twist... I guess I like the on/off feel better.
That said I also do have the ECU remapped so I don't have to worry about the banging that take place down below 3k RPM.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the throttle tamer. I went back and forth vs. stock several times to see which I liked better. With a little light grease under the tube, the tamer is better at slower speeds-- especially tight turns. It doesn't take much more of a twist to get you back to arm ripping wheelies when you straighten her out!

Happy with it.

Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i am using the evoluzione throttle controller moto suggests...

the bike feels like 600cc while the throttle is half turned :p
you can have more fun with the bike this way because with the stock throttle controller the front wheel is looking at the sky so easily...

if you then twist the throttle juuuust a bit more its like you turned the nitro/turbo switch on! :p

like flynbulldog wrote it looses lots of its nerve on the fist half but that has pros and cons...

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
R1 quick throttle here too, in just about every bike I've had in the past few years (along with the 14 tooth conversion), just wondering if I can put one on the Multi 1200 too, hummmm!
:think:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts