Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a turn/brake flexible array and installed it tonight, but noticed that both turn signals are dimly lit when not in use. dimly lit even with the bike off.:confused: anyone else seen this?
this is the array i got
http://radiantz.com/cart/index1.html?c6.html&1

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
What bike did you install them on? I have them on my 999R and I think they're the best thing since sliced bread. I had them made to lenght but that shouldn't make a diff., bright as hell! No, no complaints here!
It sounds like you have them grounded where you shouldn't.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
got em on my 749D, with the exact same setup as you larossa.
they look awesome, but even with the bike off, both blinkers are dimly lit. :confused:
The same thing happened to mine!! I have not been able to figure that out at all. There is no hot wire in that area that would generate a jump of energy, so I don't understand that one at all.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The same thing happened to mine!! I have not been able to figure that out at all. There is no hot wire in that area that would generate a jump of energy, so I don't understand that one at all.
hell with the bike off and the key out it still does it! guess i will call em on monday and see if they have a solution

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
All I can think of is that the pos. is back feeding thru a ground wire.
Time to disconnect the whole thing and brake out the test light, a note pad and a pencil. They (Radiantz) won't have a solution, all they will tell you is to get it connected properly. As a test, try to connect the array's ground to the frame instead of the neg. from the bike's plug and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
All I can think of is that the pos. is back feeding thru a ground wire.
Time to disconnect the whole thing and brake out the test light, a note pad and a pencil. They (Radiantz) won't have a solution, all they will tell you is to get it connected properly. As a test, try to connect the array's ground to the frame instead of the neg. from the bike's plug and see what happens.
Good idea.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok i called today and to my suprise they knew of my problem, and said i needed a "load equalizer". not sure what that is but they gave me a number to a guy who makes em, rick 775 359 4450
gonna call him tomm and see if its worth getting one or not. after all, how much can a dimly lit led draw?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Radiantz LED on Ducati 749

hey everyone,

I bought the Z-Flex Radiantz LED kit w/ Dual Element circuit. the DE circuit is for constant center and brake.

I wired everything correctly (supposedly) but am not seeing constant center.

Anyone wired Z-Flex Radiantz LED on theirs or Ducati 749?

Thanks in advance,
Gnar

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got the radiantz on mine and have no problems with my taillight / lic plate light constant. I just have the old turn signals being constantly/dimly lit thing going on but I can easily live with that. I hate to sound like a tool but you are viewing it with the bikes key in the on position right? If so re-check the wiring and post how your connections are made (by wire color) and I'll cross check them with mine.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've done it on my 999. It's very easy. I think you might not wired everythink well ;)

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
The wire colors coming off the main harness do not match the tail light harness, this can be confusing depending on what set of wires you are focusing on.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
164 Posts
I understand that part. I drew a diagram that depicts each function not from the oem assembly but the actual harness that I pulled from the metal tube.

I tried contacting Radiantz but they're closed on Saturday.

Got the radiantz on mine and have no problems with my taillight / lic plate light constant. I just have the old turn signals being constantly/dimly lit thing going on but I can easily live with that. I hate to sound like a tool but you are viewing it with the bikes key in the on position right? If so re-check the wiring and post how your connections are made (by wire color) and I'll cross check them with mine.
do you have the 749?
I connected the Dual Element circuit to what I believe is the running and brake.
I even switched it around. But I believe I got it right the first time because before I cut the wires, I removed the brake light and I saw the constant / running lights enabled.

I just had a breakthrough.
on the oem assembly, there's a wire for the license plate late is there? That lic. plate light is constant. I never had the the actual LED for the lic. plate. gotta figure this out before Monday.

I wonder if I should use a light tester to find out the "hot" wire.
all other wires should not light up the tester, correct?

I've done it on my 999. It's very easy. I think you might not wired everythink well ;)
maybe?! I did only twist them to each other. That's usually how I do it so I don't have to crimp and re-crimp the wires making them shorter and shorter.

Any way you can take a pic of how you wired yers? thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Found an old post I did.
On the actual plug on the main harness that is near the seat area on the right side of the bike you will see a number for each wire position. 1-5. They are small numbers, but you can see them.
This is what each wire does:
#1 Left turn signal
#2 right turn signal
#3 ground
#4 constant power (for license plate light and constant tail light)
#5 brake (for when you hit the brakes and the brake light gets brighter)

Double check these.

I just had a breakthrough.
on the oem assembly, there's a wire for the license plate late is there? That lic. plate light is constant. I never had the the actual LED for the lic. plate. gotta figure this out before Monday.
There is only 5 wires coming off the main harness. You should be using the constant, brake, ground, and turn power wires. 5 total. If you do a power for the license plate, you "Y" it off of the constant power. The grounds should all be connected together into the single ground wire from the harness. If you hit the brakes do they light up? Is it just the constant light that is not shining?

·
Registered
164 Posts
There is only 5 wires coming off the main harness. You should be using the constant, brake, ground, and turn power wires. 5 total. If you do a power for the license plate, you "Y" it off of the constant power. The grounds should all be connected together into the single ground wire from the harness. If you hit the brakes do they light up? Is it just the constant light that is not shining?
Correct, only the constant light is not shining.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts