Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not going to Memphis after all this weekend, any one up to head out for a while? Though early Saturday morning might be a stretch because I'm going to a trivia night on Friday.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well Rob mine is going to springfield in the morning.

So for looks like my TPS shit the bed. Bike runs like crap. I rode 135 miles sunday with wife on the back. In small towns it sounded like it had a small miss but ran great other wise. Monday morning yesturday it starts but runs like crap. Vacation starts saturday morning..........Looks like the GT won't be going any where on that. Halls told me the tps and throttle body are $2300 Geez same set up you have and the tps has to be ordered with throttle body for some goofy reason. I have a two year warranty thank god. I worked on the GT all morning checking for the problem,,,,,,bad gas, fuel pump, bad battery,retifier etc. Ended up when I would disconnect the tps the bike would at least run good enough to go down the street. Also found out when the ducati tps connector gets water in them they will act up. The tps for are 992's is on the left throttle body. If yours ever acts goofy make sure no water is in there. Anyway have a good ride saturday.

·
Registered
322 Posts
They trouble shot with computor hook up

while I was at the dealer this morning. And no signal from tps............I was right in what I thought was the problem. The good news is you can now buy just the TPS and cost is $230 alot better than $2300 for a guy with no warranty. Jerry said to call and make an appointment. He is loaded up with work right now.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jeff its a go

talked to Jerry, have it set up for Friday morning at 11am, humidity premitting, if you want to meet up there for awhile. I also plan on changing oil either tonight or tomorrow afternoon, so should I leave the fairings off to save time for the dyno? What else you think I should know?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Leave off as much as possible

Those sport bikes are a pain in the ass. Because to get a rpm reading and TQ you will need to be hooked to a plug wire our a coil wire. The plastic gets in the way. Man I would love to be there,,,,,,,,,,,but I am trying to get the roadstar ready for possibly saturday leave to colorado. This is a last minute decide since the Duc is out of the picture now. If tomorrow I get the Roadstar ready for saturday. I'll be over. If not your in good hands all I would be doing is strapping your bike down etc. Jerry does the power commander changes he is good at it. Your bike will probably gain about 5hp more when he is done. Unless somebody has already dyno tuned your bike correctly. Which I doubt. I might be off friday,,,,,,,I'll try to make it over. Looks like saturday is 99 degrees. I don't want to leave for any where in that heat. Also your bike won't make high #ers in that heat. Before my Termi upgrade with pipes etc. I made like 82.9 HP and I think 63 TQ. I did have air box drilled and pipes drilled. Have not dynoed since Termi pipes,DP ecu, air cover install. Probably mid 80's now our upper.

·
Registered
773 Posts
. . . ride this weekend?

greetings all,

From what I see on the weather report, it will be near 100 degrees Saturday. A little too hot for me, thanks. No riding by me.

Fred

·
Registered
322 Posts
To hot to really dyno

Jerry was thinking today about calling the saturday guys and calling the dyno's off. Rob I would get to WFO early maybe luck out and beat some heat. Heck I would be there at 10am when they open tell him Turner told you it was to hot and to be there early. LOL Heck in that dyno garage you can add another 15 degrees easy.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well guys just got back home to finish packing for trip

Helped Jerry work on Robcop's bike it idles now..........and is just under 90 HP. When I left they where installing new front and rear tires on the Duc. It was running rich with the map that was in the power commander. Jerry leaned it up some still took about 1.5 hrs I guess to reprogram the bike. Differant animal now though. And with new tires...............Rob is going to think he just bought a new bike.................LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts