1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
never heard of KYOZOU pads, they sound new and chinese, i guess you could google them and at least see if any racing teams are using them. personally i'd rather get the most expensive pads on the market, ferodo HH rated sintered srac pads, even for my jap bikes :)

sorry to be a downer but apart from tires, pads are about the best bang for buck protection against crashing my precious duc

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm a Galfer guy. I'd stay away from super cheap pads. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The best pads I have ever run are SBS pads. They have various flavors depending on street or track. I usually go for the Race Sintered (RS) for the street as they have great initial bite without the need to bring the pads up to temp for great stopping power. The RS pads may be a little over kill for the street, but they work great and cost a lot less than the Ferrodo pads (I think they work better too as I have used both). Almost any dealer can get SBS pads. All they need to do is be a Parts Unlimited Dealer. I usually sell the pads around $35/caliper. Not knowing exactly what your application is, it can very a lot (848/1098 Radial mounts run a lot more than the 748/996).

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot guys. Ill look into these RS pads. I know the adage that you get what you pay for, and nothing cheap for my Duc. I just figured I'd check into it and see if there was anyone that has tried them. Does anyone know of where to acquire a kit (both fronts, and back caliper) that I may buy anywhere online?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I bought these pads as money was tight right when I needed them. The rear pads didn't fit. They offered to replace them, but when I tried to replace the old ones I noticed that they had bit more life and it wasn't worth the trouble. Front ones have worked fine so far, including some hard braking at my first track day on Friday. Even with that said though, I plan on replacing them soon with some EBC or Galfer HH pads.

·
Registered
457 Posts
You should give Vesrah a try if you haven't already. Best pads I've ever used(and I've used a lot).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts