Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay gang, any wearing these new shoes yet? Seems like all the reviews thus far have pretty much raved about them. I'm planning on ordering a set next week. Best pricing I have been able to find of the set is $281.72 from multiple sites.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I almost did on Monday at Mid ohio...but then it poured for 4-5 hours straight in the morning and we never made it out on the track. interested to see what other people say about them

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$170 to install new tires?!!!

Good gravy. The dealership that is housing my bike just emailed me to say they have a set of Q3+'s in stock for $280 a set which is a good price. Labor for instillation is going to be $170. I'm almost at a loss for words. WTF.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I came here to the tire and suspension section to ask the same question. I take it that these tires haven't been on the market for too long. I've got the Q3's on my 1000s and really have liked them and was thinking about putting these on my PS. Motorcycle Superstore has a $70 rebate coupon, which may be from Dunlop itself.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Q3+

Yes I have 1200 mi on them now and two track days ( NYST ) on a 1198 Streetfighter. I have used 2 sets of Q3's prior and Pirelli Super Cosra's before that. I feel they are as good or better than the Q3's in terms of the degree of confidence, I also felt turn in was a touch slower and added 3mm of ride height to the rear and all was well again. Can't speak of wear yet since they are far from dead, prior Q3's lasted between 3500 to 4000 mi in the rear and almost twice in he front. I got them from Chaparral for under $300 delivered to NJ so no complaints there either. The Pirelli's are great tires but price and longevity made me move on to the Dunlops.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts