Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
My buddy just put a set on his CBR1000RR and he seems to really like them. No serious riding yet but we hit a few twisties the other day and he liked it. I personally don't like the looks of them at all though. In my own silly personaly opinion, I do buy tires based on looks. Why? No extreme high performance street tire that's out today will ever see it's limits with me riding em. There may be a noticable difference between tires but the limits will never be known. Where can you really push a great tire to it's limits on the street anyways?? With that said, if you're shopping for tires I know for a fact that Bridgestone has a tamed, street version of thier 002 in testing right now and an optimistic expected release of late July. I'm waiting on those since I have been a BT-014 fan since I put a set on my SS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dunlop Qualifiers

I am as of tomorrow ordering a set for my 748. I plan to go to a couple of track days this year with Keith Code and his cohorts. Also I only live 90 minutes from Fernley Raceway in Nevada. I prefer track riding to street. As a safety factor I want maximum performance for both. After we put a few miles on these tires I will write up the pros or cons. The initial press is good..

Tobago Bob

Yellow 748 stock just in

ST-4 sold

900ss sold

·
Registered
576 Posts
Any update on those Dunlop Qualifiers? I'm considering them for my ST3s, but it will be almost all street time.

Joe

·
Registered
719 Posts
i have the qualifiers on my 900ss and really like em. ive only been ridding for about 8 monthes and am pretty confident that they have saved me a couple times already, much better than the metzlers i had befor. i wouldnt reccomend them for a bike that sees alot of highway use though, i have a 20 mile ride to work on the highway and the rear developed a noticable flat spot in about 3 weeks. other than that, awsome tire.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have qualifiers on my bike now and have to say they are fantastic tires, I would rate them a eight out of ten. I did have Pilots on my last bike and will say the pilots are a better street tire, the biggest difference is wet grip, the pilots are also better in colder temps, need virtually no warm up and will also last longer (mileage wise) compared to the Dunlops. Having said that, the qualifiers are more forgiving at the limit and that makes them more enjoyable to ride fast, but unless you're a track day junkie or someone who is crazy enough to slide your bike through corners on the street, I'd say go with pilots.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Qualifiers

jneglia said:
Any update on those Dunlop Qualifiers? I'm considering them for my ST3s, but it will be almost all street time.
Joe
I recently put Qualifiers on my CBR 600RR and like the rear just fine. The front however (as advertised) turns in really fast; I generally prefer a tire that turns in with a more or less linear behavior. The front Qualifier seems to be fine when you’re straight up on the bike, but as soon as you want some lean the tire wants to put you all the way over. Now that's fine if your on the track, but for street and moderate twisty riding I find it to be a twitchy tire between straight up and full lean.

I have the Power Pilots on my 999 (stock for 05) and love them! In retrospect I wish I had put them on my CBR.

·
comrade moderator
27,045 Posts
TwinRider said:
The front Qualifier seems to be fine when you’re straight up on the bike, but as soon as you want some lean the tire wants to put you all the way over. Now that's fine if your on the track, but for street and moderate twisty riding I find it to be a twitchy tire between straight up and full lean.

That's been a Dunlop trait ever since the D364's. As you said, on the track it's fine, on the street, less so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts