Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran across these on EBay. Look nice enough especially given Cycle Cat rear-sets are no longer available and those having spares greedily hold onto them :surprise:

I'm looking for some extra leg room. I've tried the LT Brackets, but anything slightly extra would be worth it. I understand there's a limit, but just wondering if these are good quality and intended for touring vs a shorter leg room situation and intended for racing. Steve

Just insert this into Ebay search box: Ducati ST4 Ducabike Italy rider Adjustable Rearsets PRVM01

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
No idea on the rear sets, but if you haven't already, try a Sargent seat. It easily adds an inch more height and therefore more leg room. I have tried a Corbin canyon, older OEM and the coveted Ducati Performance seat. All are much lower then my Sargent.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, already have a Custom Sargent Seat. Nice, but anything more will help with PKS (Painful Knee Syndrome). Trying to avoid the switch to Honda Gold Wing or HD Classic. Ugh.

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s
406 Posts
I got a set of 2" lower pegs from "KingDesign" for my Griso , remember thinking very similar to ST pegs as are a lot of the parts , anyway if interested I could maybe dig up contact info or you could google Griso lowering pegs and have a look .... you never know eh ?
Craig

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s
406 Posts
Sorry it was knight design .... dhaaaa
Craig

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yep, already have a Custom Sargent Seat. Nice, but anything more will help with PKS (Painful Knee Syndrome). Trying to avoid the switch to Honda Gold Wing or HD Classic. Ugh.
If you try hard enough you can get your heels up in the air outlets in the front fairings. It feels odd 1st time you try it but boy it helped my knees and hips on the long haul to Nova Scotia from Boston Ma

·
Registered
426 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
You probably already know but one thing that makes a big difference is how tight your gear is around and especially behind your knees. When your pants are wadded up behind your knee, it really puts a lot of stress on the joint, trying to cantilever around it, and conversely, when they are loose behind, they are looser in front where the armor binds in, which helps some too.

·
Registered
'02 ST4S
1,626 Posts
Paul Gellar(?) who used to own/ Ducati Designs had pegs that worked on a cam to customize lowering/backwards, perhaps you could add a set to your Desmo Times 1" lowering brackets and get the room you need that way. You may run into other height and distance issues with pipes and brake/shifter though.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
I've had operations on both knees, and have had to deal with knee pain, perhaps from causes similar to yours. Yet i ride both the ST4 and my 999s without difficulty. The reason is that I began a regimen of knee strengthening and flexibility several years ago after my last operation. It has transformed my ability to do very many things, including riding sport bikes for an extended period.

Now, when I go to the gym, the first thing I do is go to the knee strengthening machines, working all four sides of the knees. I developed this habit after having had a terrible experience with P/T and deciding that I could figure this out for myself, which I did.

Would that work for you? No idea, but if you haven't tried that kind of strengthening/stretching for an extended period, it might just be worth a shot.

Ron

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Ran across these on EBay. Look nice enough especially given Cycle Cat rear-sets are no longer available and those having spares greedily hold onto them :surprise:

Hello, Steve

You talkin' to ME? :wink2:

-The greedy SOB

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:grin2:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Did you consider the MFW adjustable footpegs from Twisted Throttle? I think it was the same product that Ducati Designs sold. I bought them, but have yet to implement. I put on LT's brackets and while an improvement, I still am not 100% with the shift lever foot alignment. Further complicated by the GT shift lever change. I had to do that to match the Norton's 1 up 4 down shift pattern on the right foot. I had to simplify at least the shift pattern between the two bikes. Anyway, I think that the MFW pegs will be my next step to fine tune the peg alignment. I just don't want to start dragging my feet by lowering the pegs too much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts