1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Anyone found a picture?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Been out of the loop for a while at least 10 years. Recently purchased a 2013 Hypermotard 821. I'm looking at touring windscreens and am interested to know if anyone has feedback on the Puig Rafale Universal Windscreen? On their page, it doesn't offer the 821 as an option for this windscreen.:unsure:

·
Registered
25 Posts
DD7A9863-197F-4B6D-97E8-E4AA0277E3CA.jpeg

I’m cutting this down some . I think it looks too tall . Not sure why Puig don’t offer a lowered version . I’ll post pics of how it turns out .

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’m doing the alteration now it’s off the bike . Soon as I’m finished I’ll post pics ..
Ok thanks. I'm looking at this windscreen. Just got back from logging 1000 miles. Anything over 70 MPH requires a stiff grip on the handlebars just to hang on. I'm hoping a good windscreen would cut some of that but I'm also concerned about highway wobble with it sticking up as high as it does on the Rafael.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just ordered the Puig Rafale as well as a Chinese copy off ebay. The Chinese copy seems to be the same dimensions and boasts 4mm thick as opposed to the Rafale at 3mm thick. I will review both after I receive them in a separate thread. If the Chinese copy is good enough, it's much cheaper at $40 shipped. Search ebay for, "Windshield Windscreen For Ducati Diavel Hypermotard 1100 S Hypermotard 796." It appears that it's not transparent but from other pics listed it is.

s-l1600.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered both the Puig and a generic version off Ebay. To my surprise, the generic one from Ebay was exactly the same as the Puig except it didn't have as many holes drilled in it. The hardware was identical. At first, I thought there was no way this windscreen was going to work as it didn't seem to be secure enough. After fiddling around with different angles and grip tape under the mounting brackets to keep them from moving, it is secure. I used it for over 1200 miles this past weekend. It does knock off some wind at your chest level. I went up to 100 mph without any weaving but that's about the most I feel comfortable trying. The search for the one on Ebay I purchased is titled, "Windshield Windscreen For Ducati Diavel Hypermotard 1100 S Hypermotard 796" and it was $40 shipped from CA. I avoided the listings from China as it takes several weeks for those to arrive.

Cut the support brackets down and raised it off the front fairing to keep it from rubbing. If I had it to do over again, I'd just get the generic one as it's EXACTLY the same so the Puig is like $100 over priced. Last pic is the generic one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am planning several multi day rides with my son this year before he heads off to the Navy. That means many hundreds of freeway miles at 70+ mph so I am interested in a temporary windscreen option. Are these removeable once installed? I really dislike the look but would apprecaite the temporary comfort.

Lastly, I am happy to pay more for a US made version, really soured on knockoff/ripoffs from CCP...sorry to be political, not my normal nature. Ride safe everyone!

·
Registered
26 Posts
When you say "completely reversible" does that mean easy to take off with no screws or bodywork damage? I want something i can put on for interstate riding, then take off for normal day to day stuff. Better than laying on the tank with throttle hand on the bars for 200 miles :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, you can remove everything with no damage or changes to your bike. If you see the pic, I put some double sided tape to keep the windscreen off the fairing as my concern was that it would rub the fairing if this isn't done.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts