Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They released a corbin seat - I had a appointment for them to custom make my seat off the stock seat pan and I didn;t make my appt then I saw this the following week.

Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Ducati Streetfighter | 800-538-7035

I am still thinking about doing the ride-in service( did it for my 996 and the FJR). But has anyone ordered this over the sargent and any feedback?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
looks well built and confi...
but could make the problem that the rider slips towards the tank worse with its design...not sure about that...

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
Seats are a personal item and what works for some may not work for another,
Yeah nice to gather info about them BUTT until you try it out for yourself you will never know how it is gonna work out...

·
Registered
549 Posts
I wonder if they coordinated with Sargent on this: "A complete ground up design starting with our Fibertech basepan"..... Sargent also uses a carbon looking (sorta) basepan. :think:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I can't say for the SF how this seat works. But if you have the chance to go to the factory as I did it is well worth the trip. As noted in another reply you never know till you sit on the seat. When I was at Corbin the guy who made my seat had me try it, he would trim some, then I'd try again. Result was I got the perfect seat for me.

My 2 cents

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't say for the SF how this seat works. But if you have the chance to go to the factory as I did it is well worth the trip. As noted in another reply you never know till you sit on the seat. When I was at Corbin the guy who made my seat had me try it, he would trim some, then I'd try again. Result was I got the perfect seat for me.

My 2 cents
yes I Have done the ride-in service twice for my 996 and my fjr and was well worth it. My monster seat, I knew what I wanted told them over phone - happy with all of them. except for the carbon like seat on the 996 making me slide with aerostitch suit. they don't do the griptex version anymore I have on my FJR.. so going to go leather on my streetfighter.

bean meaning to do this for 2 months - if I manage to get to it - will post photos and review

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally went to corbin for a ride-in service. I have had sargent seats and currently borbin on all my 4 bikes mainly due to convenience of extra customization to my exact need versus off the shelf for the same price as over web pricing. For SF, I wanted to make the rear perch/small pad good enough for a short lunch ride with the wife..

The main mods were :
- sharp peak with angle to prevent sliding front
- deeper dished seating area
- real thick leather with natural grain to provide some grip
- much bigger and dished passenger seat to help sliding to front

Just wanted to share some photos... will post review later

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Holy cow, does that thing recline too? :D
Actually the wifey would like grab handle...

I was tempted to build a all new tail section..like a single piece seat on top of the subframe - with no plastics like a gt1000- Corbin can do this as they build the pan on top as long as you give them mounting points... And in the process get a flatter rider section

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Clearly, you do not like to leave the saddle much while under progress... The seat looks very comfy.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Actually the wifey would like grab handle...

I was tempted to build a all new tail section..like a single piece seat on top of the subframe - with no plastics like a gt1000- Corbin can do this as they build the pan on top as long as you give them mounting points... And in the process get a flatter rider section

Sent from my iPad using MO Free
You might try looking at what Aprilia used to ship for a Tuono passenger seat with integral grab handles for an idea. This pic doesn't do it justice as they actually looked pretty good and seemed to work well. I'm sure there are better pics from the tail looking forward online.

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You might try looking at what Aprilia used to ship for a Tuono passenger seat with integral grab handles for an idea. This pic doesn't do it justice as they actually looked pretty good and seemed to work well. I'm sure there are better pics from the tail looking forward online.
That is neat.. The SF can be so much better in comfort departmen

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We did our first aggressive canyon ride (with BARF) and my wife did awesome on it - declared the seat is actually useable - she now wants a grab handle - someone here had one.. need to track it down. we always FJR for long distance but nice to know we can manage a short ridearound town or a quick canyon ride.

·
Bon Vivant
11,118 Posts
We did our first aggressive canyon ride (with BARF) and my wife did awesome on it - declared the seat is actually useable - she now wants a grab handle - someone here had one.. need to track it down. we always FJR for long distance but nice to know we can manage a short ridearound town or a quick canyon ride.
That's great that your wife liked the pillion on the SF but people need to understand that your wife is not the average Anglo woman's size...
Copperhead's wife is tiny.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's great that your wife liked the pillion on the SF but people need to understand that your wife is not the average Anglo woman's size...
Copperhead's wife is tiny.
actually she is not that tiny dude - she is 5'6", 118lbs with 31" inseam. Let me be clear she didn't say "this is nice and comfortable"- just that it was "much better than stock and it is tolerable now".

·
Registered
113 Posts
Pillion sea handles

Found some better pics showing how the pillion grab handle was made.

<<probably should move this to the dedicated thread. Sorry. >>

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts