Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is maybe a silly question but i see a lot of discussion in the forums about raising bars for increased rider comfort ..just wondering if anyones tried bolting clipons on direct to the forks? I used to rattle about on my old SD darmah & really liked the riding position & got used to it so i'm just looking @ all the alternatives to try & replicate that position again on my 900sp (1995)..I realise the old duke had a longer rake so this may make the front end feel a little strange on a 900SP..any thoughts from the panel...ive attached a few pics of the old girl so you can note the height etc of the clipons cheers

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOl sorry i meant without the risers like on the standard 900sp setup

·
Registered
742 Posts
I will try it :)
I felt less pressure on the wrists (just sitting static, haven't rode it like this yet) because of the different angle my hands come in.
They are lower, but it feels more natural.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Well if you bolt clipons on without the risers ( flat clipons ), I can't really see how that is going to increase rider comfort? Most people want to raise the bars to save their back etc.

What's you point here / what are you trying to get at? I don't understand :confused:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well if you bolt clipons on without the risers ( flat clipons ), I can't really see how that is going to increase rider comfort? Most people want to raise the bars to save their back etc.

What's you point here / what are you trying to get at? I don't understand :confused:
I guess we're all individuals & as such have different riding styles & levels of comfort..Most people indeed find raising the bars more comfortable ..i seem to be different in that i'm used to /feel comfortable riding the older dukes aka:900SS bevels it's all i've ever known for the past 30 years so it feels natural & kinda more in touch with the road with a clipon thats lower down..

Being that this forum reaches a vast & varied group of "New" supersports riders i just wanted to see if anyone else out there felt likeminded or had in fact tried straight or flat clipons directly bloted onto the forks..:)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am interested in lowering the clipons on a carb 900ss. I think that some have had success with clip-ons with less rise (the oem clipons have something like 50-60mm rise) but the banjo bolts hitting the instrument cluster is an issue. I guess it can be circumvented with longer clip-on tubes though.

However it's difficult to figure out what clipons to get because almost none of the manufacturers publish any other specs than the clip diameter.

·
Registered
742 Posts
If you don't mount them at the lowest point, my guess is you'll have enough clearance.

Not my bike, but this is my plan with lower clipons.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Being that this forum reaches a vast & varied group of "New" supersports riders i just wanted to see if anyone else out there felt likeminded or had in fact tried straight or flat clipons directly bloted onto the forks..:)
Completely get what you want to achieve, "Tomaselli" ring any bells? Ah, those were the days.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts