Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering how they feel when compared to a DVT's stock seat which is the best factory seat I've had on a Duc so far.

TIA
Eric

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm wondering how they feel when compared to a DVT's stock seat which is the best factory seat I've had on a Duc so far.

TIA
Eric
Have seen them and read about them, sounds like a good idea. I may be alone here but I've had a difficult time trying to understand why pay for a aftermarket seat that is NOT custom made for you, the intended rider. In some cases they are only a bit more expensive. But I digress, not trying to hijack your question. :|

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can't compare to the 2015 Multi standard seat, but I do have a Touratech comfort seat on my 2013 Pikes Peak, its slightly higher than the standard seat, the padding is more comfortable but firm so it doesn't sink down on a long trip and mine is in breathable material which is much cooler in hot weather. As with most things Touratech, its not cheap, but the quality is very good.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I sat on one and it was pretty comfortable, but way overpriced.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Going to test one out tomorrow, So if it's good I will be purchasing it as the standard seat is not that good.
Would like to hear your opinion on this. I do a lot of a long distance riding and Iron Butts so anything that adds more comfort back there I find a good upgrade.

Eric

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have one for my 2015 DVT. Had it for about three weeks now and did a 600 mile ride last weekend with it.
Yes there are expensive. Corbin seats came out with their DVT seat a few months ago for about the same price. Went back and forth on which one to get finally decided on the Touratech cause it keeps the aesthetics the same.
My complaint about the stock seat is that I kept sliding towards the gas tank and I felt I was sitting on the hard seat pan when I sat back in the seat. The Touratech has a thicker firmer foam and a better cover that keeps me from sliding towards the tank. I'm sure it adds a slight height to the seat but to me that was a non issue.
If the stock seat works good for you then hang on to your cash but if you're looking for better support and don't like sliding in the seat then this might be a good upgrade.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have one on my 2015 DVT too. At this point, I'm pretty much Echoing the others. Little higher. Thicker/firmer foam (Which is what the corbin has as well) for more comfort longer.
It uses the stock high/low bracket.

It's the first Touratech I've owned. I've had 5 corbins for other bikes before, and have one on my SV1K. I think I'll stay with the Touratech on the DVT at this point.
Aside from shape, the foam comfort is about the same.

Mark

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have the comfort seat on my DVT. As others have said it is significantly more comfortable and about an inch higher. It is shaped so your butt rests in an indent, rather than on top, a little bit like seats on the big tourers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I should probably have taken a run up to Orlando to visit Sauron before I ordered my Corbin seat a couple weeks ago. :)

Time will tell.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I should probably have taken a run up to Orlando to visit Sauron before I ordered my Corbin seat a couple weeks ago. :)

Time will tell.
Well, get your Corbin. Come up and see me and we can compare them side by side :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
If anyone has a stock riders seat, I'd like to get a spare pan to have a custom seat built. Send me a PM.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have one for my 2015 DVT. Had it for about three weeks now and did a 600 mile ride last weekend with it.
Yes there are expensive. Corbin seats came out with their DVT seat a few months ago for about the same price. Went back and forth on which one to get finally decided on the Touratech cause it keeps the aesthetics the same.
My complaint about the stock seat is that I kept sliding towards the gas tank and I felt I was sitting on the hard seat pan when I sat back in the seat. The Touratech has a thicker firmer foam and a better cover that keeps me from sliding towards the tank. I'm sure it adds a slight height to the seat but to me that was a non issue.
If the stock seat works good for you then hang on to your cash but if you're looking for better support and don't like sliding in the seat then this might be a good upgrade.
I hope this helps.
Is the shape the same as the stock seat? Same upwards slope back near the pillon? Same width?

TIA

·
Registered
58 Posts
on a 2014 GTS Multi

Yep, I spent the cash. Not gonna lie, I was a bit taken back by the price. However, this is a complete , direct replacement seat. I opted for the rider seat only as I almost never have a passenger. I was looking for something anti-slide and set for distance.
After installing it, I again was skeptical as the foam is very firm. I figured i was only going to last a tank of fuel before I regretted my decision to spend the cash. I was wrong.
Coming from a Harley FLHX where there are more factors to a comfortable ride than Carter had liver pills, I figured there was no way a "firmer" seat would be comfortable. Again, I was wrong.
The back of the seat provides a firm support from sliding backwards when passing the 85 year old in the Toyota Corolla doing 18 mph in a 45 zone. The anti-slip cover prevents the chaffing normally associated with forward slide on braking.
Was it worth it? For me, yes. i'm taller, so the 1" increased ride height was actually a blessing. At the end of the day it was worth it, but there has got to be a cheaper way to manufacture something with similar attributes.
I should note that I did look in to a comfort cover from Duca-Bike. After Shipping and paying the local upholstery shop, I would have been within $40.00 or so and without a seat for a week or more.
If this one gets slashed by an anti-Italian american Thug with a Chinese made pocket knife, I;ll go buy another with the insurance money.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think it is more comfortable than stock,but not for the retail price.

I got lucky and won an Ebay auction for rider and passenger seat for $300..Definitely worth $300,but definitely NOT worth $1000

·
Registered
340 Posts
I found that installing the seat riser rails mostly eliminated the forward tilt on the stock seat, which was my major complaint with it. The rails don't raise the seat evenly, most of the additional height is in the bottom of the seat pan, tapering off toward the passenger seat. Once I made that change, I've been happy enough with the stock seat to leave it be.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts