Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Zard slip on's but want to go up to the full blast and want to get opinions?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have the Zard slip on's but want to go up to the full blast and want to get opinions?
What would you like to know?

Nothing else sounds like them. Beautiful quality. Depending on your tuning, they run amazing on dual spark motors

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the slip ons but am thinking I want to do the full monty. Wondering if it is worth the purchase price. Yeah they look amazing. I guess I would buy the black set up for the SE.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have the slip ons but am thinking I want to do the full monty. Wondering if it is worth the purchase price. Yeah they look amazing. I guess I would buy the black set up for the SE.
If you already have the same mufflers, the head pipes are not going to make that big of a difference.

When the full exhaust came out, in 2006, we put one on our SC demo, and it ran fine out of the showroom.

When I built ThunderDuc, I aquired a Duc perf ECU

Ran better.

Then added the Power Commander from Dynojet-so we could actually go in and map it.

On pump gas and the dyno here in Pa.-and the map in ThunderDuc, was 83hp. That’s NO airbox and K&N pods and billet V stacks. Only thing inside is a lightened flywheel and slipper clutch.

if it’s a visual benefit- go for it :)

But whether the negligible gains are worth it- again for the street, you would never know.

On track for me and consistant WOT openings, the concern is the motor/stock tune in these is LEAN... which is a big no no.
So I had to do what I did to ensure reliable fuel mixture.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I would consider putting a full system on an otherwise stock street bike to be a visual joke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts