Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone is running a set of michelin power one's on their Hyper and what they think of them.

Well im due for a new set and the nail in the rear was the last kick in the ass to get a new set. Ive got a set of michelin power one's on order and just wondering if anyone else is running them.

Anyhow if you are let me know what you think of them.

Thanks
B :D

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Are you doing track days, or are these just for street use?

I can't imagine spending the kind of money they're asking for P1's to use on the street. Even for a track tire, it's kind of ridiculous...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well im going to give them a shot. I have a set on order.

Planning a track day or two and other then that i do aggressive street riding.

Ill report back when i get them on and give them a once over.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I was kicking them around. But, my usage would be to run the sides down on the track bike and then burn the centers out when I swap them off to use on the hyper on the street. They wouldn't be my first choice as a street tire though. I'd probably do a BT16 for the street.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have no personal experience but have read that they are pretty quick steering which is what has me considering them. They are spendy though. When you get them on let us know how they are.

·
Registered
100 Posts
After nuking my race bike on the track earlier this summer, I took the brandy new P1's off an put them on my Duc. While I hated them on the track, (I was running Mich slicks) I loved them on the street.

I was running a B and V, and while you can only get 2000 miles out of them, the rear, anyway, they really, really work well. A race tire indeed, you need to be aware they take a bit longer to warm up, but when they are warm, the Hyper really responds to them.

HOWEVER- as I'm sure you know, they are terribly scary in the wet. Besides the fact that they cool down and don't work they way they should, the silly little DOT rain groves are crap, and the meat of the sides is essentualy a slick so be carefull.

But for an agressive street tire they are great.

Dodd

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After nuking my race bike on the track earlier this summer, I took the brandy new P1's off an put them on my Duc. While I hated them on the track, (I was running Mich slicks) I loved them on the street.

I was running a B and V, and while you can only get 2000 miles out of them, the rear, anyway, they really, really work well. A race tire indeed, you need to be aware they take a bit longer to warm up, but when they are warm, the Hyper really responds to them.

HOWEVER- as I'm sure you know, they are terribly scary in the wet. Besides the fact that they cool down and don't work they way they should, the silly little DOT rain groves are crap, and the meat of the sides is essentualy a slick so be carefull.

But for an agressive street tire they are great.

Dodd

Well if they work half as good as they look on the bike ill be set.

Just mounted them up this evening.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
i can't believe no one commented on your eleventy billion dollar monkey bike (now must be considered as an ape bike) in the photo.

it's awesome!
Actually no its still a monkey and cant be an APE as there acutally is a Honda APE and i have one of those as well. The monkey is still my favorite bike, the Hyper doesnt even hold a candle to it. Here is a City monkey ride Liam a few others and I did last weekend. good times.

Here is my Honda APE which is highly capible goat trail 600cc assassin. The bike down right rails on super tight stuff. Nothing like killing the buzz of a 600cc squid then passing him with on a mini bike with 485 less ccs. :)

Ide be taking it to La Ducati day if i wasnt out of town. :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am running the street Pilot Power 1s. They are not that great. Not the best feel and the tyres themselves wear quickly.

I have Mezler K3s on my Fireblade and I am extremely happy with those. I suggest the Metzlers over the Pilots anyday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts