Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so (and you own a set of verniers) could you do me a favour, I need a accurate dimension on its width, the only way you can measure this accurately is with the tyre inflated on the rim
I'm having chain / tyre clearance issues with my preferred rear tyre (road 5) which comes in at 195 wide.
The M7RR would be my next best option but do not want to buy until l I know its no wider than 190
Unfortunately it would appear their is a large variation in the standard sizes from different manufactures

·
Registered
677 Posts
I've ran a 190/55 M7RR on my '13 with no issues.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm running it and I don't like it. The rear Tire moves a lot for a tire that supposed to be good in all types of conditions. I switched from Pirelli to the M7RR but going back to Pirelli. I ride spirited and spend most of my time carving mountains and these Metzlers move too much for my liking specially in the cold.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
503 Posts
I've been running the Road5 190/55 for quite some time with zero chain clearance issues. Wonder what you have going on? If I were you, I'd want to know what's up with an out of spec Michelin tyre!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been running the Road5 190/55 for quite some time with zero chain clearance issues. Wonder what you have going on? If I were you, I'd want to know what's up with an out of spec Michelin tyre!
I bet if you measure the width of your road 5 (a sash clamp and tape measure will do) it will come in around 195, its just the way they come
I had the R5 on my old DVT multi and never had the clearance issue, but on the 1260 it can be an issue

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm running it and I don't like it. The rear Tire moves a lot for a tire that supposed to be good in all types of conditions. I switched from Pirelli to the M7RR but going back to Pirelli. I ride spirited and spend most of my time carving mountains and these Metzlers move too much for my liking specially in the cold.

Interesting, which pirelli ??

·
Registered
59 Posts
On the multistrada, I used the Angel GT and I think is the best overall tire. It has a good balance of grip and longevity. My last pair lasted almost 9000 km with two track days. However, for grip, the Rosso 3 are a bit better but don't expect more than 6000 km on them. On an interesting note, I put the M7RR on my hyperstrada 939 and the rear tire doesn't move much; however, on my multistrada it was/is a different story. I will not buy them anymore for the MTS. I'm getting ready to put on the Diablo Rosso Corsa 2 on my BMW S1000RR to test them and see how I like them. I love my multistrada 1200S...it's such nice bike!

·
Registered
503 Posts
I bet if you measure the width of your road 5 (a sash clamp and tape measure will do) it will come in around 195, its just the way they come
I had the R5 on my old DVT multi and never had the clearance issue, but on the 1260 it can be an issue
A very small amt of touching shouldn't be a deal breaker. My boss at the bike shop has a race prepped Honda CRF450 supermoto with a 160 slick on the rear. The chain rubs it, quite a bit too.

Can you post a pic?

·
Registered
885 Posts
M7RRs are a brilliant tire, I've run them on my Multi and my 1290, BUT they don't last long enough for me, 3500kms. Ive also done track days on them, and they are awesome. Haven't got a set to measure sorry.

·
Registered
137 Posts
gone back and forth between Angel's and Rosso III and the III wins hands down. Tried a set of Metzlers as well and didn't care for them. Will try a new pair of Angel II's but likely go back to Rosso III

·
Registered
59 Posts
gone back and forth between Angel's and Rosso III and the III wins hands down. Tried a set of Metzlers as well and didn't care for them. Will try a new pair of Angel II's but likely go back to Rosso III
Yes, the Rosso 3 are something! I put some M7RR on my multistrada because the price was hard to beat at Jpcycles but I can't wait to go back to Rosso 3 or Angel GT, however, the Angel GT are more expensive in the US than the Rosso 3. In Japan is the opposite Rosso 3 over Angel GT however the M7RR are more expensive than both of those in Japan and yet I prefer pirreli. Yesterday I put a set of Rosso Corsa 2 on my BMW S1000RR...I will see how those compare.

·
Registered
137 Posts
unfortuntately not. I get about 3,500 miles out of the rear where on the Rosso III I get almost 4k. The Metzelers Roadtec installed right now are almost shot at 3,800 miles but the handling hasn't been impressive overall so I'm staying clear of them

·
Registered
59 Posts
unfortuntately not. I get about 3,500 miles out of the rear where on the Rosso III I get almost 4k. The Metzelers Roadtec installed right now are almost shot at 3,800 miles but the handling hasn't been impressive overall so I'm staying clear of them
Wow, you through tires fast! Right now I cannot wait to finish my m7rr so I can put a pair of Rosso 3. In the near future I might try the racetech K3.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts