Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, with the OCD I figure its time to get a lift.

Any recommendations and cons about certain table lifts ? Not going to Harbour Freight by any means, but wanted to see if people were happy with their Titan lifts. Handy seems like the top tier lift made in the USA.

Anything I should know about the wheel chock design ?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have a Handy, solidly built and will last forever. I have to put a piece of ply-wood in the chock for my Streetfighter, it gives me a little more clearance for the brake discs. Otherwise its solid.

·
comrade moderator
26,795 Posts
I don't know what brand mine is - I think there are only a couple of factories in China building most of them - it's a black scissor-type with the diamond plate steel.
I found it used locally, but if I were buying a new one I would go with a Handy or something without the diamond plate bit.

Otherwise, it's the best tool in my garage!

·
Bon Vivant
10,957 Posts
I have two lifts, one is a Chinese heavy duty unit that I bought for about $400 a few years back. I bought it from the harbor freight catalogue, it's not in the stores or online, so I'm not sure it's available any longer.
The HF lift has diamond plate, a huge ram with 1200# capacity, and a clamp similar to the handy lift.

The second is a Handy lift that I bought used on CL. Also $400. The handy is clearly much heavier and will withstand constant heavy use. The clamp is much higher quality all around as is the entire lift.

But I prefer the HF lift and use it more often. The handy is jerky and too quick raising and lowering bikes while the HF lift is slow and smooth. The diamond plate keeps tools and small parts from escaping and the bike seems much more stable on it. The Handy lift leaks down in about an hour meaning i always have to use the lock bar, the HF lift will stay up for a week or so and I often don't bother with the lock.

Given the choice at the same price I'd still probably opt for the handy lift but at twice the cost the Chinese lift is a better deal IMO.

I don't know if or where you can still find the lift I have but it works great and I use it almost every day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts