Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of going out early in the morning before it gets hot.
I want to take the Streetfighter out for a ride before we take it apart to paint...

-M

·
Administrator
12,698 Posts
I wish I could but we are moving to the new casa.

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
Where you plan on riding Martin? I may be able to swing either day, if I can keep family away. Early morning is good for me, and I'm not concerned with distance at all.

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
You guys are tough, its supposed to be in the 100s again. However, I've always said the early bird catches the worm, so going out extra early is the solution. I've done it a few times and it is a beautiful experience, very little traffic, peaceful and cooler temps of course. I would head out at 7:00am max and be back by 11:00am. When I used to play golf we would be one of the first if not the first to go out during these hot spells.

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
Looks like I'm gonna be a loner. I was thinking of Wentworth or the Delta route (up to and around the Island) early Sunday. DUCshep/Walter/Deidre where the hell are you, it's time to get out the water now?!!!

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm thinking 7am on Sunday morning and getting back at about 11.

I'll be at the shop at 7am to pick up the SF. If anyone wants to go, let me know and I'll wait or meet up with you somewhere.

-M

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
where are you guys riding?
No route has been specified yet. 2 hours out from Motowheels puts us right at Wentworth Springs and Ice House Road, but with stops that's a 5 hour ride if you backtrack from WWS & IHR. I'll wait to see what Martin prefers for a route, I don't have any preference as long as I'm on the Duc again.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WWS is OK w/ me.

It will still be warm in the foothills as the Delta breeze does not make it up there for a couple days. It won't cool off again until we get past Georgetown

The ride though Fiddletown to Cooks station on 89 is always shaded. I usually ride that way when the weather is hot.

Anywhere is fine. I'd like to get back before noon.

-M

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
Personally. I do not leave room for regrets, so I am all gear all the time. The riders in for tomorrow are a mellow group, but the train of thought is to cover for the unexpected and allow for mistakes by others.

Martin, the shady route is probably the smart route, so you got my vote for that. See you all at 7am at motowheels.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sorry guys have to work all weekend. I have been missing the weekend rides, but I do enjoy reading about the rides you guys are goin on. Been riding to SF a couple times a week and now I need a new back tyre. Remember to keep the shiny side up. Hope to see everybody soon, How about D O G dinner this month.

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
how about something up in the foothills rather than down town Sacto? like maybe Jackson, Plymouth or Georgetown
That would work best on a weekend, maybe even a Friday. Name a place and everyone else can chime in on a date.

Walter,
You missed out on a a nice ride today. I met Martin at Motowheels at 7 and we waited until 7:30 before the two of us headed out. We took Prairie City Road off Hwy50 to Fiddletown and followed it out to 88. We hit a little gas station/market/food stop, I don't remember the name, but took a quick rest before heading back down the hill. I made it home at 11am and still had time to spend the rest of the day with family.

Very nice scenery and a ton of shade thanks to all the tree lined roads. Pretty twisty but just bumpy enough to keep you focused on safety and to just enjoy the ride. Thanks Martin for showing me yet another good route to remember.

DT

·
Registered
53 Posts
wish I could've been there! Glad to hear you guys had a nice ride. Looks like the same weather for this weekend..HOT!!

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
That would work best on a weekend, maybe even a Friday. Name a place and everyone else can chime in on a date.

Walter,
You missed out on a a nice ride today. I met Martin at Motowheels at 7 and we waited until 7:30 before the two of us headed out. We took Prairie City Road off Hwy50 to Fiddletown and followed it out to 88. We hit a little gas station/market/food stop, I don't remember the name, but took a quick rest before heading back down the hill. I made it home at 11am and still had time to spend the rest of the day with family.

Very nice scenery and a ton of shade thanks to all the tree lined roads. Pretty twisty but just bumpy enough to keep you focused on safety and to just enjoy the ride. Thanks Martin for showing me yet another good route to remember.

DT
The BMW guys go to foothills and delta restaurants all the time mid week. Jackson is only about 30 to 40 minutes from most Sac locations. I agree with JB, lets go to Jackson this next time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts