Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Sunday is going to be a scorcher again, leave early like 6:00am would be perfect. One of these days I'm gonna do that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went riding yesterday up to wentworth springs. We left at 8:00. Temps were tolerable up untill about noon. It's not worth making a run up there because of the logging trucks. They have made that road a disaster. It's really sad. I got stuck behind a few and then was hit with a hail storm of bark. I won't be going up that way anytime soon. Other than that, the ride was great. Had a nice breakfast at the corner kitchen in Georgetown off main at. Watch for bark and rocks on the road everywhere on 49 & 193, i've never seen the road this bad up there in my short riding career of 10 years. I'm up for heading out early if anyone wants to

·
Registered
167 Posts
Early 7am ride from San Rafael to downtown Sonoma for breakfast. Wearing leathers-should b chilly:) Too far for u from Roseville huh..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea a little far for tomorrow. I've got work at 2:30. Also A&S motorsports is having the world superbike races, which include a $1400 Gift certificate give away. I don't think I can afford a chance to miss that! Thanks for the invite. I work at the hospitals in your area once in a while. Love riding up there.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Early 7am ride from San Rafael to downtown Sonoma for breakfast. Wearing leathers-should b chilly:) Too far for u from Roseville huh..
Hey Pmorrit,
Im gain gain anytime, Im close in a sense (Dixon) and know all the roads in Sonoma and Napa due to my fond participation in wine tasting. Grandpa Albertazzi was king in St Helena back in the late 70's.
Lets ride.
AND lets get flatlander (be nice to catch the real names next visit) fellow 1198 RIDER.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yea a little far for tomorrow. I've got work at 2:30. Also A&S motorsports is having the world superbike races, which include a $1400 Gift certificate give away. I don't think I can afford a chance to miss that! Thanks for the invite. I work at the hospitals in your area once in a while. Love riding up there.
Flatlander ,
Hey say hi to Mike Herte (sold me the 1198S) and see ya on the road soon. Hows that bike doin for ya other than raising your BP?
Joe A

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hey Pmorrit,
Im gain gain anytime, Im close in a sense (Dixon) and know all the roads in Sonoma and Napa due to my fond participation in wine tasting. Grandpa Albertazzi was king in St Helena back in the late 70's.
Lets ride.
AND lets get flatlander (be nice to catch the real names next visit) fellow 1198 RIDER.
Albo, you should organize a ride through the wine country with some pointers on the fine wines in the area (recommendations only of course, no wines stops) If anyone wants a challenging ride, take Spring Mountain Road from Saint Helena to Porter Creek Road and out to Rio Nido then the coast.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Albo,
Love the 1198! The only problem is my modification addiction I've developed. If you wanna organize a ride I'm up for it. I ride every weekend so just let me know. I'm off tues, fri, sat, sun, every week. I bought my 1198 from mike as well. Give me a call or Send me an email if u ever want to ride 707-592-5406 [email protected] I live in Roseville. I grew up in Vacaville, just a short walk from you

·
Registered
608 Posts
Flatlander -
Hey just rode to Berryessa today w/ a guy dave on a CBR600RR and Rick on a 999. Stop at Turtle rock for an eggroll then back to Dixon. VERY hot w/ leather but kick ass ride, Im just a non-expert mediocre rider BUT really rumped the 1198S this time. That sumbich will peel your fingers off the grips if ya aint on top of your game.
Yeh Ill drop ya a line on your email. [email protected]
on this end.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Albo, you should organize a ride through the wine country with some pointers on the fine wines in the area (recommendations only of course, no wines stops) If anyone wants a challenging ride, take Spring Mountain Road from Saint Helena to Porter Creek Road and out to Rio Nido then the coast.
Duc a tak - Id be a good tour guide, YOU cant beleive how good those Ducs fit in w/ all the exotics (cars and girls) Napa Valley. Stop at Mustards for lunch right on Hwy 29. BEST time after the heat and at harvest (the valley floor has an enticing aroma) early October. Keep ya calendar open.

Joe

·
Registered
167 Posts
Summer heat is upon us so early am rides are it for me. Setting up a ride around Napa/Sonoma and coast once it cools off is good. I can usually go any day of the week with 24 hours notice. Just don't plan it for second weekend in October-riding up to Vancouver BC on the big German girl for a long weekend. :)Just give me a holla.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts