Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like an awesome ride, but not sure how it will compare to the 950. Curious if there are any review/comparison out there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I haven't been on the 890 yet, but owned both a 790 and 1290. I bet it is going to be a fantastic bike, just think it is ugly as all get out. I loved riding my 790 but never thought it was a good looking bike. I do think it will be hard to beat in performance especially at that price point. Now if the new SDR wasn't 20k all said and done, I would probably have one in the garage.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Yep. They are kinda like the Streetfighter, Hypers, and Multistrada in that regard. Ugly as sin but you soon forget about that after riding them. Good bikes have a way of getting better looking as you ride them. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yep. They are kinda like the Streetfighter, Hypers, and Multistrada in that regard. Ugly as sin but you soon forget about that after riding them. Good bikes have a way of getting better looking as you ride them. :)

The reverse is also true. Good looking bikes can appear more ugly if they don’t ride well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
I’ve been kinda looking at the 890. It should be a real Dragon Slayer. The 790 is so wicked fast the org I race with has ruled them out of competition because last year they were so freaking fast they destroyed everything in the class they should logically run. :)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts

I cant really see my 1290 SDR when I am riding it. ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
The 2nd Gen 1290 was at least good looking. The 3rd gen is growing on me but I miss the trellis sub frame.

The 790 and 890's dont work for me but I think that is largely due to the horrid, horrid, horrid looking exhaust. The can is absolutely downright fugly.

KTM makes an amazing bike. I would say that its probably going to be a badass machine, regardless of whether or not you like the looks of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts