Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previous owner of my bike installed these, no idea who makes them, couldn't find anything browsing google image search so I'm mostly just curious.

Shitty picture, only one I have of them at the moment. The word Ducati and the design below it is cut out.

Also if anyone (especially local to Atlanta) wants to trade carbon fiber heel guards for these let me know. I just want carbon fiber heel guards so they match the exhaust cover.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I'm guessing one of the previous owners had access to a water jet. Friend of mine did something similar to his OEM heel guards.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
They're just stock ones which have been machined--probably with a water jet. Why would you want to do it? An extra place for oily dirt to hide? Afraid someone may not be able to recognize the silhouette of a 916 or read the tank decals? Keep your heels that much cooler? Ahhh, weight reduction. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're just stock ones which have been machined--probably with a water jet. Why would you want to do it? An extra place for oily dirt to hide? Afraid someone may not be able to recognize the silhouette of a 916 or read the tank decals? Keep your heels that much cooler? Ahhh, weight reduction. :)
So they're custom? PRICE JUST WENT UP!!! $150 EACH!

Kidding. Well if anyone digs them and hates their carbon fiber heel guards for some reason let me know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah definitely 'ebay spec'. let's just say they are an acquired taste (that most people are yet to acquire...)... :)
Agreed. I'm going to be ditching these for some carbon fiber bits as well as the gold crg levers for some black ASV's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts