Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered and received a Zard exhaust for their SportClassic?

At the motorcycle show in Chicago last month, the Zard rep I spoke to said delivery of the systems should be around than the end of February. I chatted with a PS1000LE owner this past Saturday, and he is still awaiting to receive his system.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Zard System: MIA

No sign of the Zard as of yet....

I ordered mine January, 30th. Nothing yet. i am told it will be mid-April now. Not real thrilled with the wait, along with the unknowns associated with putting a new manufactureres pipes on my bike untested. Once they do show, will they need a PCIII? How will they perform? How will they fit? All this makes me a little skiddish to say the least.
Makes me think I should have found a Termi 2into1 and went with that from the outset. It's clean and performs well from all accounts. -Capt.

PS: Anyone know where I can get a good buy on a Termi 2 into 1????

·
Registered
310 Posts
I had a long talk with Steve @ Loudbikes last evening about these pipes. He said he felt that mid-April was a pretty good bet, and that's what he's telling all his customers. He also said that from what he'd seen at shows, the fitment and finish was great, and that since Zard designed the pipes with the stock airflow in mind, they should be fine unless you're racing. I felt good enough about it all after talking to him to put my order in, but I'm too late for the first, mid-April run, so I'm hoping to have them by mid to late May. Hope that helps. For me the Termi just doesn't do it, I just like the look of the Zard way better. Still can't wait to hear from all you guys that ordered them early how they sound and look!

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I heard mid April as well. I was told they were waiting for the Italian homolagation documents. Production has finally started for both versions (race and homolgated). I should get my first batch the middle of April as well.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Steve checked his #'s and was able to find two more Zards for the Sport/1000/PS1000, and now one of them has my name on it! WooHoo! :D If all goes well, I should have it by mid to late April.

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
Lot of talk about Zard on another forum. Anyone have before and after dyno runs? How about vs Termis?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Jason from Section 8 did a real nice Zard/Termi comparison over on the SpeedZilla Ducati site. Nothing on the Sport Classics, 999 & 749 only, but it's an indicator of their relative quality/sound etc.

D

·
0 Posts
John said:
Lot of talk about Zard on another forum. Anyone have before and after dyno runs? How about vs Termis?
can you put up the web page of were this info is at?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Section 8 opinions...

ducremus said:
Jason from Section 8 did a real nice Zard/Termi comparison over on the SpeedZilla Ducati site. Nothing on the Sport Classics, 999 & 749 only, but it's an indicator of their relative quality/sound etc.
Off subject, but isn't Section 8 de facto (i.e. doors shut) :eek: lawsuits and everything... :eek: and everyone says JASON did it :mad:
So looking back I'd take everything this guy said with a BIG grain of salt :rolleyes:

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just installed the zard's on my classic the other night. They went on pretty easy nothing to complicated, took alittle over an hour. The pipes look so good on the bike, nothing even compares. As far as the sound, at idle there not to loud but man once you rev it it shakes the ground, the sound is just aswesome.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
What R Those Zards?

I have a question.
On the zardexhaust.it website they show two(2) different set-ups for the Sport 1000. The silver (stainless) ones are cool on the PS, but to me don't look right on the Sport. But then beside it I see this great set of black twins that look like a smaller, bent version of what comes on the bike. These seem much more fitting for my Sport.
Here is the question... how much are they, where can I get them, etc., etc.? I can't seem to get the info I want from their website.
Thanks for the help
BISHOP-BUCK

P.S.- This is my first post. :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
The black ones you're reffering to are their slip-on system. Unfortunatley they seem to be elusive as I tried to find more info on them, but turned mostly "i think they're this much" responses around. Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Thanks Xannadu. I don't know who to contact about the slip-ons. I hate sites that don't post any kind of prices for them. Any help that anyone can give would be appreciated.
BISHOP-BUCK

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
If anyone is interested I found a supplier for the ZARD slip-ons SPEEDYCOM.CO.UK. I know nothing about them but perhaps some of our UK friends can chime in with some info. Are they any good, trustworthy?

Thanks

Robbie

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I get ZARD shipments every month. If the slip-ons are still available, I can add them to our next order...

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Hey Martin, since we've revived this ancient thread, it reminds me:

One of the European members said he had gotten a set of inserts/end caps that reduce the noise of the Zard Sport Classic full system. But then we never heard from him again. :confused:

Do you know anything about these parts, and is it something you can get for us?

·
Registered
5 Posts
These guys:

Zard USA Customer Support
1-888-963-1212

Offered reverse cone sets for the Zard megaphones last fall that allowed an optional baffle section to be fitted with a "C" clip. Rivits on the original reverse cone section must be drilled out for removal and replacement. New rivits, baffles, and "C" clips included.

Got em, but haven't installed them yet.

Contact was Steve Larson

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Thanks, Will!

When you get yours installed, let us know how they sound, and if they affect performance at all (good or bad)...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts