Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming over here from the Sport Classic forum trying to get some info......

I am looking at buying a belly pan for my SC 1000s. The BP fits the Monster models with the DS1000 engine, so I will have to modify it to fit my bike. It is from www.riding-house.com in Japan. I was curious if anyone here had purchased one of these for their monster. I have a friend in Japan that's been helping me out with talking to Riding House but as any of you know the language barrier is pretty tricky trying to get straight answers from them over email. I am mainly looking at trying to get pictures of the BP from the right side where I will have to cut it to fit the exhaust on the 1000s.

Thanks...mf

MFJ‘Ήž ƒAƒ“ƒ_�[ƒJƒEƒ‹ DUCATI -Riding House-

·
Registered
504 Posts
Actually as someone from the states who now lives in Japan. The Japanese are much more likely to give you a straight honest answer than any company I ever felt with in the states. If you have a buddy here they should know that.
Riding house is a well respected company and people I know who have their products are quite satisified.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Coming over here from the Sport Classic forum trying to get some info......

I am looking at buying a belly pan for my SC 1000s. The BP fits the Monster models with the DS1000 engine, so I will have to modify it to fit my bike. It is from www.riding-house.com in Japan. I was curious if anyone here had purchased one of these for their monster. I have a friend in Japan that's been helping me out with talking to Riding House but as any of you know the language barrier is pretty tricky trying to get straight answers from them over email. I am mainly looking at trying to get pictures of the BP from the right side where I will have to cut it to fit the exhaust on the 1000s.

Thanks...mf

MFJ‘Ήž ƒAƒ“ƒ_�[ƒJƒEƒ‹ DUCATI -Riding House-

I've not tried it on an SC1000s, but I sell a bellypan made to fit the Monster 821, which may work for your purpose (and you don't have to go to Japan to get it).

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually as someone from the states who now lives in Japan. The Japanese are much more likely to give you a straight honest answer than any company I ever felt with in the states. If you have a buddy here they should know that.
Riding house is a well respected company and people I know who have their products are quite satisified.
It's not so much getting a straight answer but more understanding my question. Mr. Kume, who gets my emails, does not know or speak english very well and I do not speak or understand Japanese at all. My friend helping me is from Japan and has a Sport Classic and uses google translate on my questions and sends them to Riding House for me. I already know that I will have to make some fabrications but trying to gauge how much and will everything line up where the bolt holes are. My main concern is the kickstand and trying to determine if they are similar to the kickstand on my 1000s.

I've not tried it on an SC1000s, but I sell a bellypan made to fit the Monster 821, which may work for your purpose (and you don't have to go to Japan to get it).
Hey rz333v4, I appreciate the info on your belly pan. That's a nice looking piece. If it doesn't work out with the riding House pan I might get back to you. I really like the look of the belly pan on the 1000s.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Why would you want to cover such a good looking motor?? Would you put a mask on a really hot chick?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why would you want to cover such a good looking motor?? Would you put a mask on a really hot chick?
It doesn't really cover the motor all that much. It's not permanent and It can be removed fairly easily. And if I want to look at that beautiful engine, I can look at my Paul Smart. Actually, I can't. It has the lower fairings on her which basically cover the entire engine.

·
Bon Vivant
11,303 Posts
The right side of the pan on that 821 is shaped for the newer Harley style exhaust and wouldn't look right on an SC (IMO) I think you be better off finding a pan that was designed for the older monsters - the one in your picture on the red sport1000 looks fantastic!

This bike with the early mavic style wheels and the pan looks sweet!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The right side of the pan on that 821 is shaped for the newer Harley style exhaust and wouldn't look right on an SC (IMO) I think you be better off finding a pan that was designed for the older monsters - the one in your picture on the red sport1000 looks fantastic!

I obviously agree with both statements. I like the lines of this belly pan on the 1000s. Plus, it took me forever to track down who makes this pan and had given up hope until thanks to one of our forum members that just happened to be from Japan, he helped me solve this mystery. I think I even asked you if you recognized it. If I don't like it, all I have to do is remove 4 bolts and it's off.

to answer your question.....after a few months, probably, yes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well I guess beauty IS in the eye of the beholder because I can't find one ugly bolt on this motor! We'll agree to disagree.

This is subjective. Some of us think a proper bellypan covers the ugly bottom of the engine and highlights the exhaust/mechanicals above.

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I guess beauty IS in the eye of the beholder because I can't find one ugly bolt on this motor! We'll agree to disagree.
For what it's worth....I do agree it's a beautiful motor. I personally, just like the look of the belly pan on this bike.

By the way, I hope my wife never reads my post above!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

I agree, the exhaust is key for bellypan fitment. If the Ducati model has a 2-into-1 like the current Monster 821/1200 models, it may work. If not, it won't.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree, the exhaust is key for bellypan fitment. If the Ducati model has a 2-into-1 like the current Monster 821/1200 models, it may work. If not, it won't.
This is my main concern with this belly pan on the 1000s. My bike also has the 2 into 2 termi's like the one shown in the pics, so unfortunately, the pan will need to be cut for the exhaust to go thru. Here is a pic of how it was done. This is all that I have to go by. It is tough spending close to $600 to $700 on buying, shipping, fabricating and painting the belly pan not knowing exactly how the finished product will be.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Well, the motor looks fine except for things like the oil filter which a bellypan would cover. If you don't like extraneous parts on a bike (and I get that),why do you keep the passenger seat cover? Don't need it; it's just there for looks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, the motor looks fine except for things like the oil filter which a bellypan would cover. If you don't like extraneous parts on a bike (and I get that),why do you keep the passenger seat cover? Don't need it; it's just there for looks.
Actually , the seat cover is now off and as for the oil filter, I like seeing it. To each his own I guess.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts