Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many of you guys have painted the body parts on your hypers. Any tips?

·
Registered
143 Posts
i plan to when the weather is right. il post up how it goes.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I've thought about it. I'll probably wait till the shininess wears off then go the cheap route and do something creative with Krylon's Fusion plastic paint. I've had good results with that stuff.

...That's if you want to go the cheap route

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I don't own a Hyper but I was looking at a white one with a red frame the other day and thought that painting the subframe and rear bodywork green would be a no-brainer for a tricolor scheme. ;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the offer, i work in the refinish industry so my only cost is liquid. Debating whether or not to pull the frame and paint it or just leave it red and structure the paint job around that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i was thinking about going pearl white but not sure what midcoat to put on to match the frame. love the galaxy blue pearl but with red frame? idk any ideas would be appriciated

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I just bought a Black Hyper and I'm not a big fan of black bikes as they never seem to hold their luster long after washing, dust, road grime, etc starts to take effect on the finish. However, I was thinking that the Pearl White would be cool with the black frame and some Italian Flag pinstripping.

We'll see....

Dave

·
Registered
437 Posts
I wanting to paint mine. I also want to paint the frame a different color too. Now, is that a pain in ass and extremely costly ? I understand the whole bike would need to be stripped.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you would have to strip the entire bike. But from what Ive heard, its really not that bad since the motor drops out of the bottom of the frame. A guy in my local ducati club painted the frame on his multi and had never done anything like that before and had no problems. His only advice was to take pictures of the routing of the various wires and cables. That was the biggest PITA i guess. I'm just going to paint the subframe red to match the main frame and I'm painting the body a nice dark metallic gunmetal. I think it should look alright.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts