Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to replace my fuel filter and fuel pump but they both have these unique o-rings and I'm not sure which tool I need to order. Any advice? (see attached pic).

Cheers!

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
896 Posts
It’s a one use hose clamp. I generally just slip a flat screwdriver in and lever between the two crimps to open it enough to slip off. You can replace it with a worm/screw type clamp

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to replace my fuel filter and fuel pump but they both have these unique o-rings and I'm not sure which tool I need to order. Any advice? (see attached pic).
It's called an Oetiker Clamp. You buy a tool to securely crimp the rings into place, of course the rings are separate.

It’s a one use hose clamp. I generally just slip a flat screwdriver in and lever between the two crimps to open it enough to slip off. You can replace it with a worm/screw type clamp
This can be done, and I've done it too. After buying the tool, I've got to say it just feels "right" when you've crimped your new part securely into place and it looks factory. Done correctly, Oetiker clamps shouldn't ever loosen up. And to remove them, just take a pair of standard pliers and yank on the "tab" that's sticking up a little. The whole thing comes right off!

YMMV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts