Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Never met him

But I was there this past weekend on the Hyper. I know the approximate spot where it says he went down. It's an interesting set of curves.

I heard a lot about the counties arguing over who's going to respond to wrecks on the Dragon while I was there and it all sounds like political horsesh*t to me. Our gub'mint at work....

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
But I was there this past weekend on the Hyper. I know the approximate spot where it says he went down. It's an interesting set of curves.

I heard a lot about the counties arguing over who's going to respond to wrecks on the Dragon while I was there and it all sounds like political horsesh*t to me. Our gub'mint at work....
I know gravity cavity well. We used to take our breaks there and watch rider after rider screwing that corner up. It is a bitch and I can understand how the rider wrecked there.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Sad news to lose a Hyper rider...

·
7,733 Posts

Or maybe a deterent to the "racers" that plague Deals Gap. "Wreck, and you're on your own, because we've had enough of this BS! Wanna race, go to the track!"

My sympathies to the family. R.I.P.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Always sorry to hear a fellow rider down like that.

The article says that there is reluctance to cover a part of that road with emergency care. Out here in Calif. we have many roads like that which are well traveled and many bikers go down. To support the Fire Department who ends up supplying the emergency care, a Ducati Day was organized and the money collected is given to the Fire Department. Its over $10,000 each yr. Maybe someone could organize a gathering and donate the money to the good people that help with the emergency care as a good gesture. Just a thought.

Here is a link to La Ducati Day this year.

http://www.norcaldoc.com/LDD2009/

Mike

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
Mike that sounds like a great idea.

When I lived in Atlanta I would ride that area every few months. I was never too big a fan of Deals Gap because of enforcement and too many riders pushing the limits. The positive for me was it got me to the track.

To our fallen brother godspeed.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Always sorry to hear a fellow rider down like that.

The article says that there is reluctance to cover a part of that road with emergency care. Out here in Calif. we have many roads like that which are well traveled and many bikers go down. To support the Fire Department who ends up supplying the emergency care, a Ducati Day was organized and the money collected is given to the Fire Department. Its over $10,000 each yr. Maybe someone could organize a gathering and donate the money to the good people that help with the emergency care as a good gesture. Just a thought.

Here is a link to La Ducati Day this year.

http://www.norcaldoc.com/LDD2009/

Mike
I think the difference and problem is that the Deal's Gap riders are typically tourists that really don't care much about the local govn'ts problems. I can see how it would work for the roads in CA. But, what is the Deal's Gaps population, less than 20 or something?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Jessie was a long time Ducshop customer and friend, he was one of our first patrons and we built his extensively modified 998 for track day use only. He would drive down from TN. almost weekly to either have mods done or go to track days or just hang out while in Atlanta for work.
We recently built his Hyper S for street use, again with almost unlimited mods as he had much passion for customized Ducati's.
He was the kind of guy that always had a smile on his face with a great zest for life and as an ex pro motocrosser and wake boarder he was no amateur. He will be sorely missed by all that knew him.

The Ducshop family

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jessie was a long time Ducshop customer and friend, he was one of our first patrons and we built his extensively modified 998 for track day use only. He would drive down from TN. almost weekly to either have mods done or go to track days or just hang out while in Atlanta for work.
We recently built his Hyper S for street use, again with almost unlimited mods as he had much passion for customized Ducati's.
He was the kind of guy that always had a smile on his face with a great zest for life and as an ex pro motocrosser and wake boarder he was no amateur. He will be sorely missed by all that knew him.

The Ducshop family
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like he was a good guy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts