Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GF and I have been wanting to run off for a couple days to someplace relatively near that we've never seen before. Just a 3-4 day March break to get away from the mountains of snow around here. In March we will be down in NJ just west of NYC to see family. So, we were thinking of heading out from there to Richmond. I know next to nothing about the town and was hoping someone here might have some advice about places to see, stay, eat and hang-out. Our preference would be to stay in an area that's "quaint" or historic where we could walk to places. TIA

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
My GF and I have been wanting to run off for a couple days to someplace relatively near that we've never seen before. Just a 3-4 day March break to get away from the mountains of snow around here. In March we will be down in NJ just west of NYC to see family. So, we were thinking of heading out from there to Richmond. I know next to nothing about the town and was hoping someone here might have some advice about places to see, stay, eat and hang-out. Our preference would be to stay in an area that's "quaint" or historic where we could walk to places. TIA
If your coming down that far, I'd suggest Charlottesville over Richmond for that kind of thing.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think that this should have been moved. People who are not from Richmond but who may have visited are not going to this forum generally. I would really like it moved back.

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Bruce,
I work in the Richmond area, there are a lot of sites to see and plenty of history. Same way with Williamsburg-Jamestown, Yorktown and Charlottesville as Robert suggested. Do a google search on those areas and let me know when you get down this way, maybe we can meet for dinner or something.

I agree it should be moved eventually, but not right off, give it some time to be seen by folks.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bruce,
I work in the Richmond area, there are a lot of sites to see and plenty of history. Same way with Williamsburg-Jamestown, Yorktown and Charlottesville as Robert suggested. Do a google search on those areas and let me know when you get down this way, maybe we can meet for dinner or something.

I agree it should be moved eventually, but not right off, give it some time to be seen by folks.
Thanks. Will definitely let you know. Dinner would be nice.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
and, if you come down the road a little bit further, when you hear Banjo music give me a holler. We can show you some sites round Floyd. Friday nights there is always the Friday Night Jamboree. Banjos guaranteed....;)

Friday Night Jamboree - The Floyd Country Store

·
Registered
67 Posts
Bruce,

If you do visit Richmond, be sure to check out "The Black Sheep" (they have a web site). I highly recommend the USS Brooklyn sub/sandwich - fantastic. Also would recommend "Buz & Ned's Real Barbeque" in Richmond. If, by chance, you pass through historic downtown Fredericksburg on your way, check out a place called "Foode" - another great place to eat. Enjoy!

regards,
Tony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts