Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sick and tired of ebay. I've been the "runner up" on the last 5 auctions and I felt like I was $50 more than the jacket would have ever been worth. I've just been bidding to see how ridiculous people are!

Anyways. Instead of buying a questionable jacket thats showcased with cell phone pics, does anybody know of a company that makes a nice plain black cafe jacket? You know.. 1-2 chest pockets, preferably recessed zipper and thats it...Maybe some stripes. I'm not really that into alpinestars graphics, or any graphics for that matter.

Thanks ahead of time

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
My biased opinion is the Ducati 80's jacket. Simple design, minimal badging with the Old School Ducati type and white striping down the arms. And mine should arrive on Wednesday.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Jackets

I see you're a Thruxton owner like me so I bought a nondescript jacket so I could wear it on any bike.

Mine is £139 from George White Motorcycles made by Lewis Leathers, quality is very good for such a low price YKK zips etc. Mine is in Black.

The other options I have come across that stand out are made by BKS - worn by James Toseland in Moto GP, Princes William and Harry on their Triumph Daytonas etc etc, not this particular jacket but their products - the quality is top notch. The two jackets they have come up with is the Lancaster and the London, looks to me like they're trying to rival the eye wateringly expensive belstaff jackets.

Hope this gives you another option

Regards Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Clover Memphis and I think it fits nicely what you are looking for

Full protection and at the same time looking classy and as discreet as possible :)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Dainese guy myself. I have the 80s jacket. It is a good one. The new style of the 80s jacket is pretty cool, but not quite cafe style. I also have an HF Special which is a great style as well. It isn't perforated though, so it is a bit warm for the sunny skies of the Florida Spring/Summer/Fall. I really like the Old Times jacket, but they don't make that anymore.

I know you don't like A*s, but they do have a one called the seven two (72) which is very understated for them.

Happy hunting.

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
I saw a Vanson at a Honda shop today. The leather was as thick as I've ever seen on a jacket. That said, there was no armor and it cost $450.

·
Go for it!
461 Posts
Anyways. Instead of buying a questionable jacket thats showcased with cell phone pics, does anybody know of a company that makes a nice plain black cafe jacket? You know.. 1-2 chest pockets, preferably recessed zipper and thats it...Maybe some stripes.
check out MotoWheels website. They have great selections of Dainese jackets.

I recently purchased a dainese leather pants from them. Great service. You won't be disappointed!

·
Registered
845 Posts
im a dainese guy, and while its not black, have been eyeing the nice (and expensive) dainese vintage jacket to get the cafe look (pic below).

i have also seen schott stuff, and would recommend their gear as well.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts