Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not Flyn..Its got the lambdas in it...

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
we still need all the tail and subframe of a 1098 for these exhausts...:-/

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I think you could use the stock SF rear end - use a bit of imagination as to the connection of the 1098 pipes to the SF headers - it can't be that hard OR expensive - a few cuts/welds by en experienced guy should do it. The Motowheels undertail exhaust I put on my bike is attached by two of the four bolts (the front 2) that originally supported the hanging tail section - making a bracket would be easy. I'd like to see somebody try this because it seems at first glance to be not that difficult.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I don't think so - the "up" pipes may need to be shortened to keep the undertail pipes away from the heaqt sensitive spots. Again, cutting and welding.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't think so - the "up" pipes may need to be shortened to keep the undertail pipes away from the heaqt sensitive spots. Again, cutting and welding.
Try it and let me know if your battery and regulator survive the heat...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I already have undertail exhaust so it's not likely I'll try it. That said, it's all about air movement and leaving spaces for the air to escape freely. Heat guards can also be used. I still believe that irt can be done effectively.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts