Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, has anyone every installed a Trans Logic Micro Dash 2 on their Ducati???

I have a 2002 998, and I was thinking of getting this dash unit too modern up the 998 a little!!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Oh yeah, that is sexy. I wonder if I could get it to work with a 999R that has a Nemesis installed.

·
Registered
137 Posts
@ChrisRAM: The Translogic didn`t work on CANBUS bikes like the 999.

Therefore its fits the classic superbike.
It get connected to the main harness, ingnition coil, and the battery.

On the 998 you need the optional speed sensor. I have fitted mine on the rear caliper hanger. It gets the signals from the Brakedisks bolts. Works fine.

Most tricky thing is to build a mounting bracket to locate and center the dash correct on the light pod.
For road use, the translogic is nearly perfect on the 998!

Chris

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris,

Please post some pictures of your install, i really would like to see it on a 996/998,
also i would like to order one ASAP! but like i said just would like to see it installed!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
OK, here we go:

First Prototype of the mounting bracket from alloy:
Used also the 996RS Carbon Dashframe to mount the Translogic itself.

modified it and made a new carbon fibre bracket:

This fits perfect, the unit is central, no contact from the mastercylinders with the seering in full turn.

all the wiring was cut to a straight fit and put behind the headlightunit into the headlightpod.

looks like this with the fairing on:

As said before, on a mainly roadgoing bike, the translogic is the LCD gauge to beat. Nearly half the price of a AIM, way better fabricated than a MT940.
And no compare to those "China crap toys" like Koso and such.

Chris

PS. Ducatisti73 told me these days that those units are way cheaper in the staates than here in europe.
looks like you were on the sunny side once again over there...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm Sold!!!!!!!! is the C.F. mounting kit available for purchase???

I also have the C.F. Head Light Bucket, does any of the wireing get in the way of the stock head lights units???

This will be for a road going U.S.A. street bike!!!!

You can P.M. me with the details!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Reason I asked is because EMA lists the MSRP at just under $1000 and I can't imagine that much of a discount off of the MSRP. Guess I could call, lol.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Reason I asked is because EMA lists the MSRP at just under $1000 and I can't imagine that much of a discount off of the MSRP. Guess I could call, lol.
Including shipping to USA is only $600 (£376.57) direct from translogic..... ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
If not 400 people asking i could do a small series of the carbon mounting bracket and a copy of the 996RS bracket for the translogic dashboard.

Will takes some weeks to get done, but will be a very reasonable price.
For any more info via PN or just drop me a mail:
chris (at) doc-westfalica.de

Chris

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm in, i will be ordering translogis dash this weekend!!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Speed Sensor Mounting on 916 Series Pics

Anyone have any pics of their Translogic speed sensor mount on their 748, 916, 996 or 998?
I just ordered my new dash and I'd like to get ideas on a clean mount at the rear wheel. TIA

1 - 20 of 65 Posts