Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chilehead
6,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading up to Oslo this Thursday to Saturday, anyone there?

I get to Norway a few times every year, usually Oslo. Never been up by bike, but a customer did lend me her Harley for the day one time.

Tom

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm in Norway

I can see its a bit late but I'm in Norway.

I live a bit outside Oslo, just take E6 about 1500 km's North, then turn left and follow RV847 for about 5 km's. Its the red house on the little hill by the river.

It's a bit slippery for bikeriding but we can take the snowmobile for a spin.

·
Chilehead
6,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lars said:
I can see its a bit late but I'm in Norway.

I live a bit outside Oslo, just take E6 about 1500 km's North, then turn left and follow RV847 for about 5 km's. Its the red house on the little hill by the river.

It's a bit slippery for bikeriding but we can take the snowmobile for a spin.
It's a bit far, especially at norwegian speed limits. Never been further north than Trondheim myself.

Tom

P.S. I'll be up in Oslo again sometime April/May I think.

·
Super Moderator
8,184 Posts
st2lemans said:
It's a bit far
No sh*t :p ... That is 15 hours in a car.. and then you need to go back aswell.. That´s flying distance. :cool:

Some people doen´t realize that both Norway and Sweden are rather long countries buy European standards. :eek:

If any of you ever get to Stockholm, shoot me a PM. :)

//Anders

·
Registered
44 Posts
amullo said:
No sh*t :p ... That is 15 hours in a car..

//Anders
You havn't done much driving in Norway, have you? ;)
1500 km in Norway equals 30 hours in the car I would say! And with their prices on speeding tickets you don't want to try to go faster, belive me!

I have a friend who got a ticket for 50 000 NOK (that's 5 500 EUR or $6 200) when he was on biking vacation in Norway. He wasn't all innocent as he was doing 130km/h on a 70km/h road, but it's just a five seconds twist of the wrist, so be careful ! :)

·
Chilehead
6,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RedTop said:
You havn't done much driving in Norway, have you? ;)
1500 km in Norway equals 30 hours in the car I would say!
I have. 100kph on the back roads (posted at 80) is no problem. Just watch out for sheep in th middle of the street.

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts