Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
210 Posts
My favourite Sunday morning run , is up the Black Spur , across to Marysville for a coffee, over lake Mountain and back down the Reefton Spur , to Reefton Pub for lunch and a couple of beers then back home through Warburton .

Makes for a neat ride before all the Sunday perckerheads get out there , I find after luchtime a no no on the spur roads as too many idiots on bikes out by then, makes it more dangerous than worrying about oncoming cars.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool, we just need to set a day.guys:cool:
maybe a sunday in the next month?
i'm thinking your run might be 4-5 hr return to metro area.
but i've found roads not so great in the morning up in that area due to frost etc?

·
Banned
210 Posts
cool, we just need to set a day.guys:cool:
maybe a sunday in the next month?
i'm thinking your run might be 4-5 hr return to metro area.
but i've found roads not so great in the morning up in that area due to frost etc?
The mornings the best time to ride and enjoy the experience , sure the roads are damp and foggy in places , but your in the mountains , and it is for me anyway one of the nicest rides you can have to clear your mind , enjoy and feel refreshed at the end of the day.

Its all about the vibe , for me anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree with spooner, I don't enjoy the ride so much when there are a lot of guys trying to prove themselves to better than Casey, but frosty/slippery roads are great either, but an enjoyable (cautious) cruise can still be had.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no worries, assuming weather is fine shall we try Sat 19 th September in the morning, perhaps meet near city?
or maybe Sat 26th (if you're not into footy...)

generally maybe Saturday is a better day for (literally) fewer Sunday drivers...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds good. I'd prefer not the Grand Final w'end personally.

My two brothers ride Buells (XB Lightning - naked streetfighter) would they also be welcome??? Not sure if they can make it, but thought I would clear it with you guys first before offering.

Cheers.
Jason

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Have the proposed bikie laws come in yet?
If there is more than 5 of us going on the ride, aren't we then classed as a gang? :D

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I can only do Sundays , I drive B Dbl's 6 days a week , im in Ringwood so easy for me meet up , anyone welcome as far as im concerned to come along.
Dude bring the truck. One of them is bound to break down.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sundays are fine too - buells' loud enough so why not!
if we have a few on the day it will be a cool rumble from a distance...

sunday before grand final (20 Sept) or the week after grand final (4 October)?

the b-double's a back-up for the buells:)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
great - we'll lock in Sunday 20th - ideas for meeting place?
i'm leaving from city - we can make several stops if needed.

There's a very slim possibility my mate with an old Duc and his brother with a Triumph might drop in.
:abduct:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Me and my bros would be happy to meet up with Garcia in the city and then out from there.

Just let us know what time....

Looking forward to this!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts