Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Anyone in Italy?

1926 Views 34 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  st2lemans
My wife and I travel to Italy often and would like to meet up with any Ducati MS folks there.

Grazie mille,

Don
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
G

·
Not in Italy myself, but ....almost :), Athens, Greece here. SO if you make it across to Greece I'd be happy to meet you.

Regards,

Doc

· Registered
817 Posts
i use to live in padova (born there), and i go often.. i also have family in southern italy......

thats when i use to have the red cagiva mito... 125cc 2 stroke,, it was a great bike!

· Registered
5,189 Posts
ducati955 said:
i use to live in padova (born there), and i go often.. i also have family in southern italy......

thats when i use to have the red cagiva mito... 125cc 2 stroke,, it was a great bike!
Another one here, I lived in Florence from mid teens to mid twenties, my sister still lives there and I travel there regularly both on business and pleasure. That's where I got my love of Ducatis (had my first bike, a Ducati 250 Scrambler there), It has always been my intention to return to live there one day...... :)

· Super Moderator
8,336 Posts
I hope you have a good time Moto..

What factories where you thinking of visiting? Are you planning to travel by rentalcar or bus/taxi/train?

If you decide on a rental, i would advice on a co-driver or a GPS system. The Autostrada´s are fast, but cost some $$ to use. The SS- roads are fair, but see lots of truck traffic (at least in the north).

I used my Mio Mitac 269 GPS in Italy and the system was flawless in navigation.

Here are one or two adresses you might try..

Dainese
Via dell´ Artigianto 35
36060 Molvena (North from Vicenza)
Crossroads: Via Villa – Via Roma (SP70)
Route: Via Ponticello (SPVIII)

Alpinestars
Via Arsure 2,
31039 Riese, TV
Crossroads: Via Alcide de Gasperi
Route: Via Castellana (SP6)

Ducati
Via C. Ducati
Borno Pangiale
Bologna
Crossroads: Via della Salute
Route: A-14 Exit No.3 Tangenziale Nord Bologna
Route, local: Via Marco Emilio Lepido
Easy to find... not far from Bologna Airport.

The Dainese and Alpinestars adresses are for both factory AND outlet.

//amullo

· Registered
21 Posts
I just moved to Italy. I live near Brescia in a town called Desenzano del Garda. I've been here for about 2 months now and love it. I'd love to meet up with some fellow Ducati owners for ride sometime.

Keith

· Chilehead
6,870 Posts
Sys-Ex said:
I just moved to Italy. I live near Brescia in a town called Desenzano del Garda. I've been here for about 2 months now and love it. I'd love to meet up with some fellow Ducati owners for ride sometime.

Keith
That's about 2 hours from here. Weather's getting a bit cold for a ride there, though I ride year round around here. I'll be riding to EICMA tomorrow, but that's less than an hour.

Tom

· Registered
39 Posts
Hi i am in italy i have been living here for the last 4 and half years i am in a little town called vicenza. its about 4o min west of venice and would liek to meet other ducati owners. even though my ducati is only for the track i have an MV as my street bike.

· Registered
817 Posts
what r u doing in vicenza? i have a house in padova, i use to live there (3 yrs) i go back n forth, i'll be there this summer looking at a ducati track day.

· Registered
817 Posts
i plan on going in june if pssible (if they still have ducati track days in mugello)

i'm on long island ny

· Registered
153 Posts
I just left Italy in June :( Lived in Naples for just over two years, and loved every minute of it! I know the mountain riding up north is nice, but you cannot beat the riding in Naples; the scenery, the weather, and the damn near non-existant law enforcement make for some pretty exciting times!! I hope to return there in about two years or so.

· Registered
21 Posts
Good to hear that there are members near by. We should all meet up sometime this spring for a ducati.ms ride, maybe to Bologna. :cool:

devilshalo27, I'm in Vicenza all the time, I go to the PX and commisary there. We should meet up one of these days for a ride.

Keith

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.