Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I travel to Italy often and would like to meet up with any Ducati MS folks there.

Grazie mille,

Don

D

·
0 Posts
Not in Italy myself, but ....almost :), Athens, Greece here. SO if you make it across to Greece I'd be happy to meet you.

Regards,

Doc

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
Almost, but not quite. I can see Italy out the window, but it's a 15 minute drive to get there.

Tom

·
Registered
835 Posts
i use to live in padova (born there), and i go often.. i also have family in southern italy......

thats when i use to have the red cagiva mito... 125cc 2 stroke,, it was a great bike!

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
ducati955 said:
i use to live in padova (born there), and i go often.. i also have family in southern italy......

thats when i use to have the red cagiva mito... 125cc 2 stroke,, it was a great bike!
Another one here, I lived in Florence from mid teens to mid twenties, my sister still lives there and I travel there regularly both on business and pleasure. That's where I got my love of Ducatis (had my first bike, a Ducati 250 Scrambler there), It has always been my intention to return to live there one day...... :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Going 31. may

I'm going to Mugello this year.

To Rome and hopefully pick up a carb 900 SS and then head for the MotoGP race.

·
Super Moderator
8,214 Posts
I hope you have a good time Moto..

What factories where you thinking of visiting? Are you planning to travel by rentalcar or bus/taxi/train?

If you decide on a rental, i would advice on a co-driver or a GPS system. The Autostrada´s are fast, but cost some $$ to use. The SS- roads are fair, but see lots of truck traffic (at least in the north).

I used my Mio Mitac 269 GPS in Italy and the system was flawless in navigation.

Here are one or two adresses you might try..

Dainese
Via dell´ Artigianto 35
36060 Molvena (North from Vicenza)
Crossroads: Via Villa – Via Roma (SP70)
Route: Via Ponticello (SPVIII)

Alpinestars
Via Arsure 2,
31039 Riese, TV
Crossroads: Via Alcide de Gasperi
Route: Via Castellana (SP6)

Ducati
Via C. Ducati
Borno Pangiale
Bologna
Crossroads: Via della Salute
Route: A-14 Exit No.3 Tangenziale Nord Bologna
Route, local: Via Marco Emilio Lepido
Easy to find... not far from Bologna Airport.

The Dainese and Alpinestars adresses are for both factory AND outlet.

//amullo

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just moved to Italy. I live near Brescia in a town called Desenzano del Garda. I've been here for about 2 months now and love it. I'd love to meet up with some fellow Ducati owners for ride sometime.

Keith

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
Sys-Ex said:
I just moved to Italy. I live near Brescia in a town called Desenzano del Garda. I've been here for about 2 months now and love it. I'd love to meet up with some fellow Ducati owners for ride sometime.

Keith
That's about 2 hours from here. Weather's getting a bit cold for a ride there, though I ride year round around here. I'll be riding to EICMA tomorrow, but that's less than an hour.

Tom

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi i am in italy i have been living here for the last 4 and half years i am in a little town called vicenza. its about 4o min west of venice and would liek to meet other ducati owners. even though my ducati is only for the track i have an MV as my street bike.

·
Registered
835 Posts
what r u doing in vicenza? i have a house in padova, i use to live there (3 yrs) i go back n forth, i'll be there this summer looking at a ducati track day.

·
Registered
835 Posts
i plan on going in june if pssible (if they still have ducati track days in mugello)

i'm on long island ny

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just left Italy in June :( Lived in Naples for just over two years, and loved every minute of it! I know the mountain riding up north is nice, but you cannot beat the riding in Naples; the scenery, the weather, and the damn near non-existant law enforcement make for some pretty exciting times!! I hope to return there in about two years or so.

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
My girlfriend lives about 100 yards from Italy. We usually walk there for a coffee after dinner.

Tom

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good to hear that there are members near by. We should all meet up sometime this spring for a ducati.ms ride, maybe to Bologna. :cool:

devilshalo27, I'm in Vicenza all the time, I go to the PX and commisary there. We should meet up one of these days for a ride.

Keith

1 - 20 of 35 Posts