Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Have tried to get the above code from Ducati UK, they won't talk to private Ducati owners about anything at all, referring me back to their Dealer network,
who, guess what, refer me to Ducati UK!!
I'm about to buy a 1260 MTS with black wheels but I want to paint the wheels in the light gold 1260S colour, the wheel paint code is apparently
listed in the owner handbook, can any one help with this code?
Also if anyone can share the best way to prep the wheels for painting? I'm assuming vapour blasting the old paint off but is it best to prime them before painting
or go straight onto fresh metal with a twin pack topcoat?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
715 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I'm about to buy a 1260 MTS with black wheels but I want to paint the wheels in the light gold 1260S colour...
I'm very cognizant of the cost, but for all that trouble of painting (which reduces the bike's resale value), why not go the extra distance and buy yourself a set of gold forged wheels for improved handling and acceleration?
Marchesini and Oz are available in Gold. Moreover, these forged wheels have a resale value.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know the manuals are available to view from ducati's website?

Page 389:

Rims, Dark Gold:
Primer code. EP050V (Akzo Nobel)
Varnish code 43NZ0016 (Akzo Nobel)
You know the manuals are available to view from ducati's website?

Page 389:

Rims, Dark Gold:
Primer code. EP050V (Akzo Nobel)
Varnish code 43NZ0016 (Akzo Nobel)
Thank you so much for this info, I didn't know this and neither did any of the three UK Ducati dealers I contacted, I find this lack of knowledge and customer service very frustrating given that Ducs are a 'premium' brand. However my faith in Duc owners has been fully restored with your response, thanks again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm very cognizant of the cost, but for all that trouble of painting (which reduces the bike's resale value), why not go the extra distance and buy yourself a set of gold forged wheels for improved handling and acceleration?
Marchesini and Oz are available in Gold. Moreover, these forged wheels have a resale value.
This is a great shout out and a route I'm going to probably go down, thanks so much for this, really appreciated.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Personally, if I were looking to buy a set of forged wheels I would never pay retail, look for someone online selling a used set. You will never make any significant fraction of that money back on resale, IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts