Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think I want the bigger screen at this point, but the "small" one might add a little style and shade for the instrument panel...

I can't find any images of the small screen installed ON a Hyper. :(

·
Registered
377 Posts
I don't think I want the bigger screen at this point, but the "small" one might add a little style and shade for the instrument panel...

I can't find any images of the small screen installed ON a Hyper. :(
I have the Shift Tech CF screen that I have listed in the classifieds. It's the same size as the DP. I want to get something a little taller since I'm pretty tall. The CF matches the CF on the hyper as well.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=67710

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the DP screen. It seems to do what it's supposed to, though I'm 6'2" and I still get a lot of wind on my shoulders and head at high speed. Takes a lot off the chest though, and it doesn't look too obtrusive.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got one in stock that I've been meaning to install on my bike so I can photograph it for our website. I'll try to do that tonite.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great! If it looks like I hope it does, I'll order it from you!

What's the url?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
grazie mark ... i forgot about this thread.

the small windscreen works pretty much as well as the taller one ... a little less protection, but still provides enough of a screen to redirect the majority of wind, and stops about 90% of helmet buffeting above 100.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting... thanks Johnny. I was thinking that, since the Hyper throws some pretty smooth air as it is, the smaller lip might be just enough to smooth it out a bit more. Plus, it looks cool... the nose feels like it needs "something", and the little bikini screen fits the bill.

I just wish it was plain "smoked" plexi, though... not 100% sure about that satine finish.

Looking forward to boplicity's pics!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the dark shaded one form Shift-Tech on the Black Widow and it looks like it was designed for the bike. It also makes any highway travel much easier. I doubt that you'll find a better solution to you problem in either the looks, or function, areas.

Woodchuck

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
the short DP screen is not a satin finish ... smooth finish, gray color. looks pretty cool, imho.

Interesting... thanks Johnny. I was thinking that, since the Hyper throws some pretty smooth air as it is, the smaller lip might be just enough to smooth it out a bit more. Plus, it looks cool... the nose feels like it needs "something", and the little bikini screen fits the bill.

I just wish it was plain "smoked" plexi, though... not 100% sure about that satine finish.

Looking forward to boplicity's pics!

·
Registered
670 Posts
grazie mark ... i forgot about this thread.

the small windscreen works pretty much as well as the taller one ... a little less protection, but still provides enough of a screen to redirect the majority of wind, and stops about 90% of helmet buffeting above 100.
So I figure you tried both the small and the taller one and came to this conclusion?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts