Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a spare tank for a 1995 900SS?

Let me know, any color! I can Paypal ASAP for a good deal.

Thanks, Adam

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doing a custom paint job and fairings and want to keep the OEM parts original

·
Registered
715 Posts
spare tank?

greetings project 853,

I have a tank with a small dent on the left side near the front. Some clown knocked my '96 SS/SP over in a parking lot, then had the nerve to pick it up and put it back on the sidestand, as though nothing happened. Insurance paid for a new tank. I am in Saint Louis MO.

ciao,
Fred

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, I was kind of hoping for a mint one, but is your is at all repairable? Any pics? What kind of $$$ do you need for it?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hmm, I was kind of hoping for a mint one, but is your is at all repairable? Any pics? What kind of $$$ do you need for it?
Not to be rude but why repaint a mint tank? As long as the tank is not crunched up badly a good metal worker can straighten one out most of the time or lead one back into shape. Just my .02

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To clarify, I'm looking for mint metal, not necessarily paint.

I'm doing a sort of FE silver paint job for a fun project and I want to keep all of my original red parts untouched because they are in new condition. I have all the pieces except a tank. For me it's worth the extra 100-200 or so for a good tank to start with, I just don't want bondo, filler, lead etc.. on this project an ague OEM lines and curves with a paint guy.

·
Registered
715 Posts
spare tank?

greetings Project 853,

I will take some pics for you tomorrow, Saturday, and as I said, small dent, quarter size, 1/8" deep maybe, yes repairable. $400? Look at the pics and we can go from there. How about a silicone mold rubber impression of the dent and surrounding area? I have some two part stuff that sets up quick.

ciao,
Fred

1 - 9 of 9 Posts